Adonicas Sanders

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...popping-eyes-thus-far/wPtAofmFe5wJFqm8hx3HqL/

Sanders “has done some good things,” Johnson said after the team’s practice on Monday, the fourth of the preseason. Johnson mentioned him in response to a question about two redshirt freshman wide receivers, Stephen Dolphus and Jair Hawkins-Anderson.

Quarterback Matthew Jordan has noticed Sanders, also.

Jordan said that he has only thrown to him in drills once or twice, “but from watching him go, he’s definitely popping eyes, for sure.”

Jordan noted his speed and ability to make plays on deep balls.

“I think (Monday) during one one-on-ones, he caught an OBJ-type one-handed catch,” Jordan said.

Junior highlights:

Not to take away from Adonicas, but I think the QB in those highlights is Dakereon Joyner, 6'2" 200 lb dual threat, class of 2018. He's a 4-star committed to USCe. Looks like the real deal.

I remember him being a guy with no P5 offers that we took on the last weekend of the cycle.

You know, we really ought to be doing more to promote a sort of cult adoration for our WRs, especially the ones who stand out. We still get öööö on by the whole "Tech never passes lol" perception, as well as the idea that it's next to impossible for a wideout to go pro from the flats. We all realized that was wrong a long time ago and got sick of hearing/talking about it, but we're the only ones who have paid that much attention. There's a reason our first pass in any game yields commentary like "A bit of razzle dazzle trickeration from Paul Johnson here, passing already on Tech's first possession of the day!" and the second pass leads to the story of the receiver's recruitment and how hard it is to bring them here since, on average, we attempt a "rare pass!" once every 2-3 years.

The same sort of individual appreciation we feel for the General in basketball should be applied here. We need to figure out something to do at games that may get noticed, work our way into a GameDay segment where we can preach the Gospel of Paul, reach the general public and potential recruits who have been receiving disinfo from other coaches and ignorant broadcasters, and tell Cutcliffe he looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy's half-aborted older brother.

That one block where he drove a DB back fifteen yards is enough to convince me he can contribute a lot in our offense.

The cult you mention has already been born and promulgated. Thanks to Calvin Johnson and then amplified and certified by Demaryius Thomas, GT has become the birthplace of not only great wide receivers but also super human heroes capable of leaping tall defenders and catching speeding bullets. Many wonder if they are birds or even planes but no they are Supermen! The next one is not just a possibility but now a certainty.

Go Jackets!

Back