Adrian Peterson

76tornados

Dodd-Like
Anybody notice his play with the Bears game tonight. Not much for game footage, but got me thinking about TO football. Ready for Saturday!!!!

Anybody who's ever had the pleasure to meet the REAL AP — the one who holds the Division I career rushing record — knows what a great young man and class act he is. And PJ loves him some AP.
Wonder if those boys from UMass he knocked out have woken up yet and been helped off the field at Paulson....

Anybody who's ever had the pleasure to meet the REAL AP — the one who holds the Division I career rushing record — knows what a great young man and class act he is. And PJ loves him some AP.
Wonder if those boys from UMass he knocked out have woken up yet and been helped off the field at Paulson....

Wasn't it Jim Tressel's Youngstown State team that he beat up on in the National Championship game instead of UMass?

Wasn't it Jim Tressel's Youngstown State team that he beat up on in the National Championship game instead of UMass?

I believe GSU smacked UMass around earlier that year in the playoffs, avenging the loss in the Championship game the previous year.

Wasn't Miami's new OC a coach for a good team (Montana?) when PJ and AP were at GSU? Also remember Bobby Johnson(when he was at Furman) coached against PJ. A little familiarity among these guys.

Wasn't Miami's new OC a coach for a good team (Montana?) when PJ and AP were at GSU? Also remember Bobby Johnson(when he was at Furman) coached against PJ. A little familiarity among these guys.

Yep, correct about Bobby Johnson. Vandy is the classic T-R-A-P game this year. He's seen the offense a time or two.

Yep, correct about Bobby Johnson. Vandy is the classic T-R-A-P game this year. He's seen the offense a time or two.

Furman's program was much more established GSU's at the time. GSU had no business winning that championship game. Furman was the team to beat.

Vandy's lack of depth will be a factor by Oct 31st.

Last edited:
When Bobby Johnson was coaching at Furman their program was much more established GSU's at the time. GSU had no business winning that championship game. Furman was the team to beat. Vandy's lack of depth will be a factor by Oct 31st.

you do realize that GS and the Furple play in the Southern Conference? And that GS was 13-2 that year?

you do realize that GS and the Furple play in the Southern Conference? And that GS was 13-2 that year?

True, but Furman only lost one game before losing to GSU in the title game. Furman beat NC State in Raleigh in 1985, which is a rare feat for a 1-AA team to beat a 1-A team. Furman was good that year.

I read something recently how Tressel, when he was at Youngstown, defended the TO as if it was a wishbone, and got hammered. The same write-up said that FSU defended the TO the same way last year, and also got hammered.

Miami's OC was the coach of UMass. UMass beat GSU in the 1st of 3 NC games PJ's GSU went to. GSU had a crazy amount of turnovers that game, and I mean 6 or more. GSU went on to beat the snot out of Jim Tressel's Youngstown State the following year in the NC game.

I believe GSU smacked UMass around earlier that year in the playoffs, avenging the loss in the Championship game the previous year.

In a playoff game home at home against UMass, AP knocked out two wrongheaded defenders who tried to tackle him on one play. That's two KOs on one play.
He only ran for 333 yards that day.

True, but Furman only lost one game before losing to GSU in the title game. Furman beat NC State in Raleigh in 1985, which is a rare feat for a 1-AA team to beat a 1-A team. Furman was good that year.
i understand that the Furple had a more "established" program than did GS, but the one extra loss is not worthy? One of those losses was avenged in the playoffs when they defeated Middle Tenn St who had beat GS in the 2nd game of the season. Saying they had no business winning that game is just dumb.

That NC game is still one of the best all time football games I've ever seen. Tracy Ham would not be denied.

"The Catch"

i understand that the Furple had a more "established" program than did GS, but the one extra loss is not worthy? One of those losses was avenged in the playoffs when they defeated Middle Tenn St who had beat GS in the 2nd game of the season. Saying they had no business winning that game is just dumb.

That NC game is still one of the best all time football games I've ever seen. Tracy Ham would not be denied.

"The Catch"

It's not dumb at all. It's a fact that Furman was favored in that game. I was a student at GSU back then, so I more than anyone was glad to see the upset.

Back