AFC North Team Physically Superior to NFC South

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
"You know the powerful Ravens sure look faster and bigger than the weakling NFC South."
"Well, of course the AFC North has beaten the NFC South 313-210 all time."
"Matt Ryan doesn't look so good this time. Has he slowed down."
"No, he's playing the mighty AFC North instead of the slower NFC South."
"Yea, I noticed during pregame that the AFC North was bigger and faster looking during pregame."
"The NFC South Falcons only have 75 yards total offense."
"Well of course, they're playing the AFC North Faster, stronger players."
"The AFC North Ravens only have 93 yards total offense."
"It's an exhibition game and they have their subs in."

Would you ever hear this from the NFL? Then why do you accept it from ESPN.

Heather Dinich says:

"It’s unfair to come down too hard on NC State’s offense this early because it’s not like the Pack was facing Cardinal Gibbons, the high school down the street. This was another level of athleticism you don’t usually see in the ACC. It’s what separates the two conferences as it did today, and NC State might not see anything like it again this fall."

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc

Oregon down at the half to Boise St. They can take solace in the fact that they won't have to face anymore dominant WAC athleticism for the rest of the year. It's smooth sailing in the Pac-10 from here on out.

This is all too funny to me. Guys on the other sight are defending the ESPN statements and this exact post was removed by the editors.

Almost made me sick listening to the announcers for that game. The ESPN love-fest for the SEC is officially on. We're just going to have to get used to it. Don't think you're going to get unbiased announcing from ESPN when an SEC team is involved. That would be like watching MSNBC and expecting not to get a liberal slant.

Yes ESPN was very obvious. But I have to say, that as they turn more people off, they will do nothing but hurt themselves.

See Fox News. All they did was take a different slant and they blow everyone else out of the water.

So a team that needs the opponent to turn the ball over in their red zone to win "physically dominated" the other team? That's news to me.

How far did USC have to go to score their ONLY points of the night?

Heather's statement is idiotic. If NCSU receivers could catch, if Russell Wilson was half as good as people up here seem to think, if State had an O-line, and if they had decent running backs, the South Carolina D would not have looked quite so special.

I predict the Gators will find it possible to score on the Gamecocks this season.

The SEC has much to brag about, but last night's game should not be on their list.

This is really that surprising. You knew as soon as ESPN signed the SEC that they'd begin fellating the SEC in ways even the AJC has yet to do. Besides, USC(east) is going to have bigger and stronger and faster athletes because the academics at that school are less stringent then Pre-K Sunday school. At one point, the announcers were praising Carolina - praising - for accepting a high schooler that had a 1.8 GPA. In high school. And still, USC(east) looked horrible.

Neither team deserved to win that game, period. It should have ended in a 0-0 tie. Heather Dinich is better looking then last night's game.

Sorry, I don't blame ESPN. NC State sucked hard last night. I don't blame the receivers, the QB, or any other players. The coach should have that team prepared. If I'm an NC State fan, I am pissed at the coach. But since I am an ACC fan (due to my GT affiliation), I am beyond pissed off at NC State. Thanks a lot guys. We know we won't ever be able to count on you in the future.

Remedy: www.deadspin.com

I avoid espn whenever I can, but they have unmatched coverage. If you are anti-espn though...deadspin is for you. They have the best writers in the business and they hate espn. Ahh - some justice in the world.

So a team that needs the opponent to turn the ball over in their red zone to win "physically dominated" the other team? That's news to me.

Actually, I think it was a team that had 36% more first downs, nearly doubled the other team in total yards, had a yards-per-play average of 4 vs. 2.4, won the time of possession battle and had 6 sacks that physically dominated the other.

Actually, I think it was a team that had 36% more first downs, nearly doubled the other team in total yards, had a yards-per-play average of 4 vs. 2.4, won the time of possession battle and had 6 sacks that physically dominated the other.

Who cares? This was like a paraplegic beating up a quadriplegic. South Park cripple fight, anyone?

Well, EVERYONE knows that the AFC North is the toughest best division in the NFL, you dont have to say it every down.

the SEC crowd however, has a low intellect level and must be reminded of why they even have colleges

Back