AFCA New Proposals

BranMart

Vegetables taste like sad.
Yeah, I don't like the redshirt one either. Give the factories even more depth for their 4 biggest games per year. Wouldn't mind it in Bowl games that are not champ related though.

I was wondering where this stood. Great timing. But does anyone know all the steps it has to take to be official policy? Seems to me there was a movement last year on the early signing but it died somewhere along the path.

Yeah, I don't like the redshirt one either. Give the factories even more depth for their 4 biggest games per year. Wouldn't mind it in Bowl games that are not champ related though.
I think it would be better if the redshirt one was injury related exclusively. I don't like the idea of giving guys a 4 game tryout or saving the depth for later in the year.

But does anyone know all the steps it has to take to be official policy?
Here is a link to a more detailed article linked in the first
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...time-assistant-early-signing-period/96452766/

The recommendations will be forwarded for review to the NCAA's Football Oversight Committee, which will convene... next week...If accepted next week by the Football Oversight Committee, the change would eliminate the current medical redshirt, which demands that a player suffer his injury prior to the start of the second half of the season and that he have not competed in more than three games or 30% of the season.

Sounds like it hits the Oversight committe and lives or dies.

I think it would be better if the redshirt one was injury related exclusively. I don't like the idea of giving guys a 4 game tryout or saving the depth for later in the year.
Injuries can be faked. I like five to play four, no exceptions.

Back