Affects on recruiting...

flatjacket

Varsity Lurker
How do you think last night's latest debacle will affect recruiting?
I figure no outstanding HS player would want to sign on with this program's latest display of disarray.
Our coaching staff doesn't look like it has a clue. The teams seems to have quit on this staff. We are definitely on a downward spiral and last night let the whole free world see how bad a shape our program is in now. Most of the time Thursday night ESPN exposure helps your team;s, but I don't see how last night's exposure helped us.
puke.gif

You mean it hurts recruiting worse than the booing in BDS??? *wink*
I've been taken to task in other forums for saying that the jpotential recruits see the players we have and see the coaches misuse them and they make their own decision about where to go... It has little to do with boong fans...
When those of us that are not being paid can call the next play on offense or see the lack of preparation and focus on the field don't tell me that the potential recruits can't see the same thing...
I agree with you FatJacket... our 3 hour national ad for TECH turned into something like a negative ad during a political campaign...

Our recruiting this year is going to be sorry. I wonder what our three recruits right now are thinking. Wonder if they're considering visiting other schools.

Recruiting can be an odd thing at times. I have seen teams have a horrible year and a great recruiting year. I am sure the recruited players have the idea they are needed in the program and can start sooner.

I have seen a team have a super season and a poor recruiting effort. Sometimes the reverse happens because the players have the idea they may not be able to get into the lineup. So, it works both ways.

The biggest worry I have at present is the innefectiveness of some of the coaches. That will have a great affect on recruiting, especially if the recruits think changes may occur at the end of the season. That is the reason, I would make changes now (possibly Nix for OC).

It also appears we have some coaching problems on defense.

Lets say Nix invigorates the offense drastically from now until the end of the year, then the offensive recruits would be attentive to our recruiting efforts for next year. If we wait until the end of the year, they would have already committed to other schools because of the indecisions.

rolleyes.gif

A sportswriter was interviewed on a local radio station this a.m. He said as team was heading to locker room at the start of the half, sideline reporter was interviewing CG. He said CG looked like a deer caught in the headlights. That he really did not seem to have a clue as to what was wrong.

Now that is not good for a recruit, his parents, or his h.s. coach to see.

We are all like deer in the headlights today!
confused.gif
confused.gif

The only way to save this recruiting year is to go the rest of the way 5-0 and that's not going to happen after what I saw last night.

mad.gif

Back