AFLAC Trivia Question - from UGA/LSU

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
Q: What is the only other team (besides LSU) to play UGA twice in the same year?

A: Trick question - two teams.

Presbyterian College (1948)
North Carolina (who cares)

Why do you care? Because TechFowl graduated from Presbyterian College (population 1100 students)

Seems our football program has fallen from national prominance since 1948.

Although FSU does have our last head coach as it's QB coach. (No Chris Rix comments please:)

Originally posted by techfowl:
Q: What is the only other team (besides LSU) to play UGA twice in the same year?

A: Trick question - two teams.

Presbyterian College (1948)
North Carolina (who cares)

Why do you care? Because TechFowl graduated from Presbyterian College (population 1100 students)

Seems our football program has fallen from national prominance since 1948.

Although FSU does have our last head coach as it's QB coach. (No Chris Rix comments please:)

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So, you're a BlueHose, huh??? You're not BlueHoseBee on The Hive are you?

No, and I've been wondering who that guy is.

I had a friend when I was there that played QB at Tech then transferred to PC. I've wondered if that's BlueHoseBee.

On a side note - that guy had three years in the NFL and the guy that beat him out at Tech (Shawn Jones) didn't. I think Jones had 1 at Minnesota and 2 in the CFL. Crazy how that works.

I don't want to write guy's name in case it's him, by the way.

Not a lot of crossover between those two schools, I wouldn't think.

I did have a fraternity brother from PC who transferred to GT, but those are the only two guys I know.

You must have been in contact with BlueHoseBee or you would have already asked the age old question: What the hell is a Blue Hose?

I saw that ArmyJacket is a Wofford alumni. Those two schools were mirror images of one another when I was there. They were our biggest rival.

The Carolina Panthers put a training facility there and Wofford really took off in sports. They have 1100 students and beat Ga Southern, Citadel, and Furman this year. I'm proud of those guys.

Don't know him, but when I saw him posting on The Hive, I did do a little digging up on PC and The BlueHose. Err, Blue Stockings.
wink.gif

Blue Hose were the angry Scotts back in the day.

i.e. Mel Gibson in Braveheart

We have a gigantic statue outside the stadium that is basically a William Wallace bronze giant. I've been meaning to get out there and deface the statue by adding a "package" under the kilt, but I'm a little old for such tricks these days.

I love that place. Greatest place on earth, but still, it's hard to make something like "Blue Hose" scare the hell out of people isn't it?

But Wofford is the Terriers. I'd rather be an angry Scott than a dog that sits in the laps of large women.

Hey TF, it works for the AL Baseball teams in Boston and Chicago, it'll be fine for PC.

Back