After a little sleep,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzfalcon

Zod-Like
...and a little sobriety, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not all that upset about losing to UGA for the 8th time in 9 years. I'm upset because I went into the game Knowing that we would win. Then, with two minutes to go, down by six, I Knew that we would come away victorious.

So, considering these statements, I realized that I really have nothing to be pissed about in the grand scheme of things. I Expected to win. That's not something I experienced much during the CCG years.

High hopes crash harder than low expectations.

I agree. If we didnt go into this game expecting to win and lost it probably wouldnt have felt as bad

Honestly, our "knowing" Tech would win probably had as much to do with UGA's subpar season than anything. If they had their usual 9-10 win team, we would have considered it a difficult game to win.

I agree with melvoin, it turns out ugag actually cared about this game more than their SEC games probably because they didn't have a chance to do anything in SEC this year. They came in with high emotions all pumped up.

I'll second everything above. We still have the chance to go 12-2, winning a BCS game. That would be a better season than we've had in a long, long time. Georgia needed this win badly. Their offensive line took advantage of our inexperienced, banged-up defensive line to get it.

Thinking back to all the losses under Chan (not just to the mutts), it's important to note that this was not a Chan-esque loss. We were in it with less than two minutes left. A Chan team would've laid down and died at halftime. This team came out and made some big plays on offense in the second half. The defense just didn't have it together.

I'll second everything above. We still have the chance to go 12-2, winning a BCS game. That would be a better season than we've had in a long, long time. Georgia needed this win badly. Their offensive line took advantage of our inexperienced, banged-up defensive line to get it.

Thinking back to all the losses under Chan (not just to the mutts), it's important to note that this was not a Chan-esque loss. We were in it with less than two minutes left. A Chan team would've laid down and died at halftime. This team came out and made some big plays on offense in the second half. The defense just didn't have it together.

I can think of plenty of games under Chan where we had the ball late and blew it. Hell, we lost three to UGA alone just like that. Do you not remember the 19-13 game where they were up like 16-0 at halftime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back