After last night........

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure what to think. Here are a few thoughts if you are interested in reading after watching the game on PPV and reading the AJC this morning.

1. I was glad to hear CG say he may go to the no huddle, hurry up approach because it seems to fit Reggie. It will take a few games to determine if this is a solution, but I agree we should give it a try. We must remember that Vandy was in a prevent mode during that last drive.

2. Someone needs to put a size 10 on the hind quarters of the offensive line. I have never seen a poorer performance from an offensive line than I did last night. There were many occasions when 2 or 3 OL would be standing around instead of putting a helmet in someones ear hole. This is uncalled for, the OL was to be a strength for our football team,and instead they have become a liability. Someone needs to get their attention and quickly.

3. Defensively, we keep doing what we need to do, but as the season progresses we will wear down. It was not a thing of beauty, but they came up big when they had to and that's what counts. We have to maintain some 10-12 play drives to keep them as fresh as possible. This will happen when the OL gets off their ass and blocks.

4. Though an ugly win, it was a win! 2-3 beats the crap out of 1-4 any day.

5. Reggie may have taken a BIG step in growing up last night with that 90+ drive to get us in the endzone. Has to be a good confidence builder for him and our team.

6. N.C. State is coming to town for Homecoming next Saturday. It seems we have always played them well since Amato arrived there. I pose this question, could we surprise them again this year as we did last year with a "W"? This would even us up at 3-3 with six left and I do not think many people gave us a chance to be .500 half way through.

I look forward to next Saturday and the challenge it brings to CG and his staff, I think he will have the players ready to play and we could have another great victory at BDS@HGF!!!!

Yup. I agree 100%. I'll gladly take the win (GO JACKETS!), the OL line is not playing aggressive enough and I'm looking forward to the next challenge against the coyotes.

Back