after seeing the spring game what true freshman

gt23eric

Dodd-Like
If any will play this year? I'm going with Stephen hill and maybe J.C. Lanier. I would like to see a OL come in and earn some PT

I do not think JC is ready. Remember, he is coming in from Class A football where he probably out weighed his opponent by 180 pounds. HUGE leap, regardless of talent.

Personally, I'm going to say Stephen Hill/Jeremy Moore (whichever beats the other) as well as Will Jackson and/or Antonio Foster. I think all possible efforts will be made to redshirt as many as possible, especially along the lines. I think J.C. will redshirt. If we have severe QB injuries, I could see Luallen playing (I do think it is a good bet that at least one of the freshmen QBs will dress for more than half the games, but not play).

Hill-only if he can block
Lanier-because of numbers
Sweeting-only if we have injuries at CB
Kicker-you guys saw the spring game

To be honest the freshman i see RS is the QBs,OL and the DEs.
I see the other skill/medium positions being a big part of the special teams this year getting acclimated to the game speed of a D1 game.

The only freshman I'd be interested in seeing is the kicker. Much prefer to keep a redshirt on all the rest, and we have the depth this year to do exactly that.

I know Hill is a HUGE talent but I bet he redshirts all the way. We just won't need him that bad this year. Better to save.

Same with Luellen. Lot's of upside but we'll try and save his eligibility. He might could go though if he comes on strong AND/OR, heaven forbid, something happens to you know who. What we are looking for at QB is someone that can hit an open receiver consistently. And yes, my beleaguered compadres, that's not too much to ask.

Possibly a lineman. I think we've got some good guys but they could be supplanted with exceptional talent.

Also, the kicker thing. Blair has good ability but is in no way a lock. Bring on the competition!

I know Hill is a HUGE talent but I bet he redshirts all the way. We just won't need him that bad this year. Better to save.

Same with Luellen. Lot's of upside but we'll try and save his eligibility. He might could go though if he comes on strong AND/OR, heaven forbid, something happens to you know who. What we are looking for at QB is someone that can hit an open receiver consistently. And yes, my beleaguered compadres, that's not too much to ask.

Possibly a lineman. I think we've got some good guys but they could be supplanted with exceptional talent.

Also, the kicker thing. Blair has good ability but is in no way a lock. Bring on the competition!

QB will depend on Josh's ability to stay healthy. As we saw last year, we need to go three deep there. While JL could be a candidate if we need help, don't forget David Sims. It looks like Tevin may be a viable option this year, but I have to wonder if Jordan or David could be pushing for that third spot if needed.

Back