After today.........

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
Let me make one thing clear before I vent a bit, I LOVE GT football as many of us here do.

Reggie has to go and NOW imho. Way to many bad decisions again, but what happened on the last drive is unexcusable. Take a sack on 2nd down, spike the ball on 3rd down, and then throw the DAMN ball away on 4th down. No %^&*( way that should happen. What makes it even worse is Nix calling to down the ball on 3rd down. That is about as bad a freaking call as I have ever seen. Reggie HAS NOT, CAN NOT, and WILL NOT be the individual we need at QB. He loses his poise, makes bad decisions, and the pisses and moans when things do not go well. Several times during the game I saw him jawing back at the sidelines when a play went bad. GOOD qb's don't do that öööö!! I say we move him to wide out or DB and play Bennett.

Another area that was highly disapointing today was the O Line. They got their ASSES handed to them and in a bad way. I have NEVER seen us get dominated as bad as we did today up front. I truly believe they were intimidated. They showed no balls as far as I am concerned. I believe we need to look for another O Line coach.

An offensive Coordinator needs to be hired as well. Chan needs to give up the reigns and give to someone that has some inovation and is not afraid to take some chances. I still think CG is heading us in the right direction, but he needs to hire an OC.

Disappointed today, NO DOUBT, but we will go forward and I do think the future is very bright on The Flats!!

And even though they may have won today I STILL HATE THE F****** PUPS.

Bro, i think they played as hard as they could but i do agree i think they were intimidated by their DL. I saw linemen coming off ball with heads down and not seeing where blitz was coming from. It is frustrating. Has to be more for you since you coached for 20 + years.

Don't you wonder how and why RB's competitors for the QB position were all eliminated by Chan?

You're right that RB has not, can not and will not be the individual we need. But don't you think the HC and QB Coach should have been able to see that? After all, NOBODY should know better than them, nor should anybody else have been more responsible for having someone ready to back him up and provide competition. For D-1 coaches, that is unforgivable.

IMO, it would be another folly to believe that throwing Bennett to the wolves with zero game experience will solve our problems. It will ensure we lose more games and waste another year (or 2) breaking in another rookie.

And, yes, an OC should indeed be hired. But it will apparently have to be done over Chan's dead body. Again, if Chan hasn't seen or understood the need for an top OC yet, what does he need, a freaking 2X4 across the forehead? It was his job to know that 2 years ago and this year as well. How can people not see that and insist Chan is held accountable for these critical deficiencies on offense.

For goodness sake, this offense has cost us many games in the past 2 years. Why the heel are WE screaming for such an obvious change to be made?

Hey, Chan is a great guy, but he just isn't getting it done. Certainly Reggis has not progressed much in the past 2 seasons, but IMO, the HC and QB coach are at least partially to blame - either for not ensuring Reggie's skills are advancing, or moving in another starter. I believe that if Bilbo had been practicing at QB for the past 2 years, he'd either have been our solid backup QB or the solid starter.

Making all our QB talent disappear and relying solely on RB is beyond coaching credibility. How anyone can believe or intimate that another year of this type of questionable leadership by Chan would or should be acceptable for true Tech fans makes no sense.

Why would Tenuta want to remain as DC under these circumstances? What if he leaves? Do you believe Chan is capabale of correcting all these deficiencies? I seriously doubt it and I don't want to go through another year of this crap. It is demoralizing the whole Tech community.

We need to keep JT, give a raise if necessary.
We need an OC, won't happen.
We need a new OL coach at least, won't happen.

Back