After viewing these low lights in slow-mo...

29 plays in 7:04 / there were 138 total plays in the game.

So this represents 20% of the plays / multiply 7:04 x 5 and the entire game can be viewed comfortably in 30 minutes.

So, basically there is 30 minutes of meat / 2:45 of horse-bleep when watching a football game.

WHAT A RACKET THEY GOT GOING!!!!

The part between snaps is often interesting. Strategy, lining up, penalties. So it's probably not quite that bad. But I do think the commercials have gotten too long lately and the games aren't long enough. The Kansas game was about two possessions too short, for instance. :)

Explain something to me.

At about :55 sec into that video we run a pitch to the left to Marcus. Roddy obviously half-asses a block causing the guy to get free and help with the tackle.

But my question is what are Uzzi's responsibilities on a play like that. Kansas's #45 comes over to really blow that play up and Uzzi runs right by him as if he's looking for something to do. Is this a case of Uzzi being taught to run past that guy because his responsibility is to get down field to block, or did he just miss the guy/not see him? Was #45 someone else's responsibility? Or is it a case of the play should already be downfield and past #45 at that point and thus no one needs to block him?

It's just my ignorance of how the blocking scheme works.

I'm no expert either but it seemed to me that KS had a lot of success stopping our triple-option from their 3-4 base. They would flow their 4 linebackers toward playside so that when our linemen fire up to try to block the linebackers at the next level, KS had an extra linebacker on that side.

I re-rewatched the game last night. Bottom line, we played pretty much like we always do, with a few big time mistakes built in that led to 14 points for Kansas. The offense was less crisp than its been, but not terrible. We had a lot of one-on-one matchups and lost pretty much all of them. Incompletions, a sack, & penalties derailed 3 drives.

S. Sylvester, D. Reese, and I. Johnson looked good on defense. Unfortunately, two of them are in the secondary.

O. Smith looked good at A-back aside from the fumble. He ran hard, caught the ball when it was thrown to him, and finished runs without trickling out of bounds. Good kick returns as well.

A. Allen didn't appear to slow down / tire out on his long run like he did last year. If S. Hill holds his block, its a TD.

The defense HAS to get better on 3rd down, we had them in several third & longs / mediums that they converted. They did step it up in the second half.

Back