After Watching College Football Today, I'm....

SouthGa

Varsity Lurker
After Watching College Football Today, I\'m....

sick about the state of our program. I see WF beat BC, UGA destroy CLEM with a new OL and new DEF personnel, and a program as new as S. FL probably better than us. I really wish Gailey could have come in here and maintained what O'Leary & Fridge had built but it is not happening. I see energetic coaches doing well at UCONN, WF, UCF, and S. FL. I know Gailey has not been given time but did he need it? It's not like he was handed a new or terrible program, he had a team that could'va/should'va won 9+ games last year. I know he had some bad breaks with Gathers and Hollings but things do not seem to be looking up, actually, I think they are heading down hill as fast as they did in the BL era. I also do not like the conduct of our team THUR night, taunting when your getting your butt handed to you is a joke. Did you see UGA's "D" today, flying around the field and letting their hitting do the talking. There is absolutely NO excuse for our program being where it is right now. I really believe with good coaching, Suggs could be a solid QB which would give Ball a year to learn the ropes. I better stop there, I'm really getting ticked.
South Georgia Jacket

Re: After Watching College Football Today, I\'m....

I share your pain. But I'm going to give it more than one game into Gailey's second season to pass judgement.

You said about Gailey, "he had a team that could'va/should'va won 9+ games last year." Why do you say that when he inherited an O'Leary team that could only manage 7 wins the year before?

Re: After Watching College Football Today, I\'m....

I agree that O'Leary dropped the ball that last year, actually, I think Fridge was the reason for our success from 1998 - 2000. It's kindof ironic, when Fridge left we lost the Peach Bowl, when O'Leary left, McWhorter won the bowl game.
South Georgia Jacket

Back