After watching the replay of W. Caroina game a couple of times...

Tevin is more accurate but Josh's arm was much stronger. I will get fully on the Tevin's passing ability band wagon when he shows it to me against a quality opponent. He just doesn't seem to put a whole lot of zip on the ball. I'm obviously hoping he proves me wrong.

Tevin's long throw to Stephen Hill was plenty strong for me.

My thoughts on a rewatch.

Tevin shows pretty decent arm strength.

His throw that O. Smith dropped had zip. He set his feet and it would have hit him in the facemask if he didn't get a hand on it.

At the 3 minute mark of the 2nd quarter, he has some speed on a pass to E. Peeples while rolling out to his left without setting his feet.

There were a few throws that he could have thrown harder, especially to the sidelines, but it didn't cost us. He set his feet on the TD throw to Roddy that took a while to get there. I think he's capable of putting some mustard on the ball, I'm curious to see what he does this week.

If the running game is going, all he'll have to do is hit open guys, which it looked like he was able to do. Hit a lot guys in the hands.

I saw more bodies flying around on defense. J. Burnett had a tackle where he launched himself at the running back to catch him from behind. Looked good out there.

Whoever said Days' pass to Melton was perfect should watch it again. Melton has a 15 yard radius around him, the ball is lofted, behind him, and to the sidelines. He adjusts well to it and then hits the sideline. But, the pass itself wasn't that great in my eyes.

Tevin has really improved since last fall. He runs the offense well, and his passing was very good. I'm watching it now for the third time and am impressed.

See Wuerffel, Danny and his 1996 Heisman Trophy.

That guy literally rained passes, but threw it to the right spot. That works in college. Not-so-much in the NFL, but it can light college defenses up.

Matt Leinart ring a bell?
Dude had a popcorn arm, very weak, yet great timing plus great accuracy and you can torch college d's

Was thinking the same thing! That was a long throw that took some arm strength

The impressive thing to me was that it looked like it was his second read, and he reacted almost immediately.

The impressive thing to me was that it looked like it was his second read, and he reacted almost immediately.

I'm pretty sure that he reacted to coverage and counted on Hill to do the same.

IIUC, Run & Shoot (as probably with all advanced schemes) pass-routes are optioned based on coverage. WCar iirc had a deep zone so Tevin dropped it in underneath and Stephen broke across and ran under it. This is one reason why the 7 on 7 stuff during the off season was so important. It gave them extra practice in making these reads.

Back