After week 2 confidence poll: expected wins

How many wins do we have at the end of the season?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm back down to 3 after last night. A win is a win, and I understand that WCU is one the top 10 offenses in the country per CGC, but we just didn't look great.

We should have been able to clearly outmatch a team like that, and we didn't. I'm worried about what's going to happen against non-FCS opponents.

My vote of 5 wins is based on our opponents. The Coastal is a straight dumpster fire.
The Coastal is a dumpster fire and us with it. So, it comes down to which team sucks more than the other. At least from my view. Duke.....repeat... Duke actually looks ok. Miami looks to be the only non dumpster fire team.

The Coastal is a dumpster fire and us with it. So, it comes down to which team sucks more than the other. At least from my view. Duke.....repeat... Duke actually looks ok. Miami looks to be the only non dumpster fire team.
2 horse race for coastal Champ between Duke and the coCanes

After hanging with Clemson 2.5 quarters I thought we could win our share against less talented teams in the conference. After last night I wasn’t so sure, but playing that big game against Clemson then turning around 5 days later and playing an FCS opponent, I think we were about to run out of gas. Clemson had the same problem with Furman. If we can build off the first 2.5 quarters against Clemson, eliminate brain fart mistakes, and Sims has another night like Labor Day, I think we can give the Rebs a run for the money.

After hanging with Clemson 2.5 quarters I thought we could win our share against less talented teams in the conference. After last night I wasn’t so sure, but playing that big game against Clemson then turning around 5 days later and playing an FCS opponent, I think we were about to run out of gas. Clemson had the same problem with Furman. If we can build off the first 2.5 quarters against Clemson, eliminate brain fart mistakes, and Sims has another night like Labor Day, I think we can give the Rebs a run for the money.
I think we make is close, for a half against Ole Miss. However; I think our D will be gassed, come mid 3rd qtr. I comes down to our O and if we can keep the ball away from Ole Miss.

If you had asked me midway through the 3rd quarter against Clempson, I would have said 6-7 wins was possible. Now I'm back to three, with the other two being steals from a weak coastal.

I think there are a lot of coin flip games in the coastal so I'm at three wins. I just don't have faith in our head coach even in a coin flip.

I don’t see how you could watch the craziness that’s gone in in the first two weeks of football and not think that the possible variance in our record is anything other than large.

We could win 2 or 8 and anywhere in between. We’ve got maybe 8 tossups left where I could see it going either way depending on which team shows up. Can we win 5 of those? I don’t know but maybe.

Sticking with 6. Short week and missing our leading tackler for the first half. Ole Miss isn’t likely to be one of the six, but it will tell us where we really stand for the rest of the season.

I don’t see how you could watch the craziness that’s gone in in the first two weeks of football and not think that the possible variance in our record is anything other than large.

We could win 2 or 8 and anywhere in between. We’ve got maybe 8 tossups left where I could see it going either way depending on which team shows up. Can we win 5 of those? I don’t know but maybe.
This is exactly where I’m at right now. There are a few likely losses, a couple probable wins, and whole lot of toss ups. We just don’t know what we have yet.

I disagree. The team is exactly what I thought it would be. Sticking with 2-3 wins.

No way I would say "8 tossups." Are there 8 games we could possibly win? Yes. That doesn't mean they're tossups. We could beat Ole Miss, but it's not a tossup. Neither is Miami or ugag. At most we have six tossups. Vegas has us with the highest odds to win the ACC, along with Duke. Realistically, we probably have three tossups: Duke, UVA and Virginia Cow College. We will probably be significant underdogs in the rest of our games.

Anyway, I have us at six wins.

Back