Ahaaaaa !!!!!! Good News

romegajacket

Helluva Engineer
"The Kickoff" has us at a 3.1 underdog to the FSU Semiholes Saturday.

I like it when we are the underdog since that's when we seem to work the hardest.

WELCOME F.S.U. to a good old fashioned butt whipping from GT that you are about to receive.

F.S.U. will go back home this weekend in shame guys, in shame.

I hate to bust your bubble, but if the fumbles continue, so will the losses !! Also, GT has yet to beat FSU since the they joined the ACC. Last, since GT struggled at home, at homecoming, I just don't see GT kicking a whole lot of butt. Lets hope I'm wrong.

I hate to bust your bubble, but if the fumbles continue, so will the losses !! Also, GT has yet to beat FSU since the they joined the ACC. Last, since GT struggled at home, at homecoming, I just don't see GT kicking a whole lot of butt. Lets hope I'm wrong.
We're not playing UVA this weekend. It was evident that we matched up horribly against the gay cowboys. By comparison, I think we match up great against FSU. I think their defense will shoot themselves in the foot by over pursuing and not playing disciplined. And if we can get pressure on Ponder before he can find his receivers, then it will be a long day for St. Bobby. Of course, if we fumble the ball, we'll lose. That's almost as intuitive as saying if they score more points then us, then we'll lose.

I don't put a lot of stock in bubbles, so I'll go on predicting GT kicks the Semiholes Bowdon/butt.
Take it to the bank boys, it's a done deal.

Somebody give us the winning score prediction.

We're not playing UVA this weekend. It was evident that we matched up horribly against the gay cowboys. By comparison, I think we match up great against FSU. I think their defense will shoot themselves in the foot by over pursuing and not playing disciplined. And if we can get pressure on Ponder before he can find his receivers, then it will be a long day for St. Bobby. Of course, if we fumble the ball, we'll lose. That's almost as intuitive as saying if they score more points then us, then we'll lose.

LOL, if we were not fired up for the biggest home game of the season, then what drives us for this game ? I did get a chance to watch the game today. Eliminate the 2 fumbles and we win this on going away. What the UVA game did was expose our weakness to defend the pass. Better hope their QB is off !

LOL, if we were not fired up for the biggest home game of the season, then what drives us for this game ? I did get a chance to watch the game today. Eliminate the 2 fumbles and we win this on going away. What the UVA game did was expose our weakness to defend the pass. Better hope their QB is off !
UVA has a very large, imposing offesive line. They managed to nullify our pass rush through their size and ability to consistently hold our players. FSU has no such line. Look at the FSU/NCState game. State was flushing Ponder out of the pocket all night. If we can get to him before he can get the space to hit his receivers, we'll nullify their offense, what little exists.

And, I don't know about you, but I do know we have a few players from the sunshine state on our team, and if you think they're more pumped to play UVA then FSU, you're crazy.

...they have the best offense in the ACC...
That's like saying the highest GPA in the retard class. They also hung about 140 on two poor schools at the beginning of the season, and that is seriously skewing their stats.

We win if and only if:

-we win TO margin.
-no 30+ yard plays allowed (make them drive on us)
-Dwyer and Nesbitt 150+ rushing yards combined

...they have the best offense in the ACC...

Their average offensive production against real teams (Wake, NCSU, UM, VT, Colorado) would have them 5.5% lower (355.5 vs. 335.6) than us in total offensive yards, and 16% higher (27.8 vs. 23.2) than us in points. Both these were calculated using only D-1A teams.

I don't think that would make them the best offense in the ACC. What gives them that lofty ranking is the average of 57.5 points and 527.5 yards they put up on their two blind sisters of the poor at the beginning of the year.

Their average offensive production against real teams (Wake, NCSU, UM, VT, Colorado) would have them 5.5% lower (355.5 vs. 335.6) than us in total offensive yards, and 16% higher (27.8 vs. 23.2) than us in points. Both these were calculated using only D-1A teams.

Have you recalculated Tech in those terms, without JSU and Miss St?

Miss St. is giving up an average (excluding GT) of 17 points a game. We hung 38 on them - no team has scored more against them than we did.

Because Miss State are a bunch of freaking clowns who couldn't play their way out of a wet paper sack.

Otherwise known in statistics as "an outlier."

Yes. All the numbers that I used were against D-1A teams. Which of course means I threw out the GW game as well, because it was against a D-1AA team. With the GW game added, those numbers become 333.1 ypg and 21.3 ppg for tech, meaning that FSU is .7% higher than us in ypg and 23% higher than us in ppg.

The Miss State game is included (in both the original and updated numbers) because they are a D-1A team.

Back