Ahaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!

romegajacket

Helluva Engineer
The Kickoff has GT favored by 4.7 pts.

Sure is nice to see GT so well thought of, especially around the SEC neighbors.

But.........why do I get that old "kiss of death" feeling for us, just because of all the hype over us?

Think I like being the underdog better.

We were a touchdown plus under against the mutts. We were also the favorites in the Miami game.

The Kickoff has GT favored by 4.7 pts.

Sure is nice to see GT so well thought of, especially around the SEC neighbors.

But.........why do I get that old "kiss of death" feeling for us, just because of all the hype over us?

Think I like being the underdog better.

if you want to be a good team get used to it. No such thing as a kiss of death, or superstition or whatever...the better team will win.

Kids us the "we've been disrespected" angle to get themselves motivated. That is why we were so up and down under the last regime.

CPJ seems to actively motivate the team. Not to Richt like levels, but CPJ seem to manage the tempo of the team. I think we are going to see fewer and fewer "let down" games in the future.

if you want to be a good team get used to it. No such thing as a kiss of death, or superstition or whatever...the better team will win.
Well said. And what's different about our team under PJ is that they know who the better team is before the game instead of having to wait until the game is over to find out. Subtle but important.

qft

I hate the whole "Oh no we're favored!" thing and I wish it would die. We want to be the best in the country and we're not going to be picked to lose a lot of games if we get to that point.

I hate the whole "Oh no we're favored!" thing and I wish it would die.
I think part of that is a carryover from our experience with the previous administration.

The underdog role is fun because its safe. However, as 33 points out, our underdog days are coming to a close.

Back