AhsoIsee- my apologies

71YellowJacket

Damn Good Rat
This seems to be a day for apologies, here’s mine to Ahsoisee.

My comments on Booing (moved to "off topic") were made in jest. For the record, I agree with you on this matter (and on most things you post).

As a matter of clarification, IMO, any kid playing college football on a scholarship is way past the point of being tough enough to take the criticism as well as the accolades.

If feelings are hurt so be it. I'm sure every GT player expects to hear about it when he screws up.

I also do not think that booing poor performance is hurting the team, any player, or our school.

To other posters- please don't use this thread to start another war on the merits/lack of merits of BOOING. I think it's all been said.

71, to ease the situation a little more, I seldom attend any more Tech football games, so I have very little chance to boo if I wanted to.

My wife detests all sports, so most of my attendence at the Tech football games were years ago when my ex-brother-in-law and I bought season tickets together. When he and my sister became divorced, I did not have anyone to go to the games, so now I mainly watch them on TV.

The last Tech game I have seen in person was the Peach Bowl with my son, but he does not care that much for football. He will occasionally go with me to a basketball game.

The only booing I do is at the TV, but it pays little attention to me. Most of my posts on booing are solely to defend any Techster's rights to boo if they want to. To me, it is all in fun, and I get a kick out of the debates.

By the way, apology not necessary, but accepted. I know you are a good Tech fan or you would not be on the board, so hang in there with the rest of us, give your opinions, and don't ease up too much on the debates.

wink.gif

Ahso, you should have trained your wife from the getgo to go to Tech games. Your description of your wife not liking sports sounds exactly like my wife when we first got married but I really didn't give her a choice as I would buy tickets for us both and expected her to go with me. Believe it or not it didn't take long to indoctrinate her and she caught on quickly and learned what was going on. At our old age we still do everything together and enjoy it. My daughter married a Ga. guy and I made such a strong Tech fan out of her that her husband wouldn't dare boast after Tech loses one to them.
I have taken my daughter and her husband to games
at Tech and Athens and he is afraid to cheer for the dogs.

Big Buck, I did, but she never liked it. I also played baseball during the summers after we got married and basketball during the winters. I would drag her to the games with me, but she just never could learn to like sports.

My ex-brother-in-law and I had season tickets to the football games. After he and my sister divorced, I maintained the season tickets for several years and she attended the games with me. She finally got tired of going, so I would take one of the children with me. They finally got tired of going and I finally dropped the tickets.

Everyone is not the same, and it would have been unfair for me to continue to place a burden on her that was for my own pleasure. She loves to go shopping and I detest it, so I have always let her go on her own or with the daughters.

I can occasionally get her to go to a game out of town when it is combined with a mini vacation. She enjoys the trip and I enjoy the game. She does attend the game with me on these trips.

We have always enjoyed our life together, but we give each other the freedom to pursue separate goals and hobbies.

By the way, she claims she hated mandatory gym classes in high school more than any of her required studies. She is a 4' 11' petite woman and just never liked athletics.

drinking.gif

Back