AIN'T NOBODY taking Reggie's job....

law_bee

Dodd-Like
AIN\'T NOBODY taking Reggie\'s job....

went to spring practice today and have started seeing some posts on other boards about Carter splitting time and I am going on record that BARRING A COMPLETE MELTDOWN by Reggie he will be our QB in ALL BIG TIME game situations next year. I will give you a few reasons.

We are gonna be a FINE running team next year. We have the best group of RB's since we had Roger's and that crew many years ago. Reggie is by far the best QB to have in there when running the ball. He is quicker to the outside and can throw the ball better off the run. Reggie can also legitimately run the ball and TAKE A HIT. The comments from CG that Reggie is one of the toughest IF NOT THE TOUGHEST QB he has ever seen make that VERY clear. The fact is Carter is coming off an injury and seems to stand in the pocket strong. That looks good during spring games but when Miami, VT, and NCST are on the other side that will shorten your life span.

While PC did look good throwing the ball GT has to have a QB that can run/throw and withstand the punishment play in and play out.

The biggest problems were the WR's. It is the weakest they have been in a few years. I hope the incoming guys solve this problem b/c we need SEPARATION from the DB's.

It also seemed like Reggie was getting more pressure than Carter. I imagine they did not let the hounds loose against PC like they did against Reggie. Henderson was unbelievable today. One of the best spring DL performances I have ever seen. I hope we get some LB help. They seem to be a little out of it today.

LB and WR are the two weak areas. The line will be fine as long as everyone stays healthy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

Re: AIN\'T NOBODY taking Reggie\'s job....

I agree, Reggie Looked very sharp and faced much tougher defense, Carter through a couple of balls behind receivers then #29 should have picked off. Reggie was 9-16 and most incompletions were throw aways under pressure which is what we want him to do. When there was an open man today Reggie found him.

Reggie's experience of last year places him way ahead of Carter, but look Carter is a much better passer than Reggie, and no a lot of RB's misses today were not throw aways. He must master the long ball or it will cost the team a minimum of two W's, just like last year. Surely Nix will get him over this hurdle. THWG

Carter will play this year!

Reggie is number one, but Carter is too talanted to not play. He needs game experience and he will get it. There may be times when Reggie is out of action or we just need a pure passer to get quick points. We did not have tat weapon last year. Reggie will still be number one, but he must perfom well, n sophomore jinxes allowed. I do not remember a time when when we had three QB's as talanted as Ball,Carter, and Bennett. And the RB's aren't too shabby either. PJ looks even better than last year. I can't wait til September!

Imagine if RB can have as successful a sophomore year as Jack did in hoops?!

Reading the reports on the other board...

...and I would just have this to say.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it looks like we got ourselves a GOOD OL' FASHIONED QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY!!

from what I saw Saturday...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

We'll have a QB controversy after the first loss.

Let's be honest. Ball has tremendous upside. BUT he did struggle vs. Tulsa (a team that looked as bad or worse than any we played last year). And other than running over a Ugag DB, he played like crap vs. them too.

The key to the season is QB play IMHO. And I'l all for letting anyone play that can lead us beyond 7-6. Break even is NOT the promised land.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

Re: from what I saw Saturday...

[ QUOTE ]

Let's be honest. Ball has tremendous upside. BUT he did struggle vs. Tulsa (a team that looked as bad or worse than any we played last year). And other than running over a Ugag DB, he played like crap vs. them too.

The key to the season is QB play IMHO. And I'l all for letting anyone play that can lead us beyond 7-6. Break even is NOT the promised land.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you joking about the Tulsa game? our RB had OVER 300 YARDS!

Tulsa made a decision to stop the pass and allow the run. Why do you think they did that? Look at Tulsa's #'s. They were not a bad team.

Carter will not even get on the field except mop up and injury relief. Our team will be about running the ball this year. We have the best RB's we have had in the last 6 years. Many got wowed when Carter made some plays against the 2nd team D but let me tell you that Carter is a LONG WAY away from RB. Carter is about where Reggie was last year. Carter has a great arm but he is injury prone. Reggie is tuff and can run the ball. Look at Hamilton's #'s his second year. Reggie's #'s will be BETTER!

Unless Reggie has a meltdown he will be the only QB we have in big time game situations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/readthis.gif

I don't care who the QB is as long as our offense improves and we put up some Ws. It will be hard for Carter to unseat Reggie, but I'm confident that if he deserves the spot the coaches will give it to him.

BTW, Carter has undoubtedly had a great spring. Let's see how he does over the summer and in preseason camp.

Reggie is not an accurate passer. We are a team that runs on first and second and we need someone who can be counted on to complete passes on third down.

Either he has gotta prove he can make those passes or someone needs to take his place. If thats not done it could be 7 wins max again.

If Reggie is so tough

what was he doing on the sidelines in the second half in our last two games? While I don't see how Carter can unseat Reggie, Ball better play alot smarter than he showed against UGA and Tulsa. He is too valuable and we are too thin at QB for him to be running over LB's and DB's.

Re: If Reggie is so tough

Reggie is the man and has added a lot of excitement to our game. He will be at the top of the QBs in the ACC this yr. Just watch. I believe. Do you? Have faith in Reggie. Carter is good and may get some snaps, but Reggie is our man. He will lead us to quality wins this season. Just watch and have faith. Reggie for pres 04
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[ QUOTE ]
While I don't see how Carter can unseat Reggie, Ball better play alot smarter than he showed against UGA and Tulsa. He is too valuable and we are too thin at QB for him to be running over LB's and DB's.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a very fair observation and I agree with you. We all saw his athletic ability last year, now we want to see that he's improved the mental part of the game.

I dont see us beeing too thin at QB this yr. Lot of confidence in RB and Carter...and i cant forget about Bennett. ALL of them looked pretty darn good on Saturday.
Reggie for pres 04!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woot.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif i honestly dont think tulsa could have defeated parkview.

hmm dont know about that one. Maybe the Parkview team from a couple of years ago...not last yrs. Still though to say that a college team couldnt beat a high school team is pretty crazy.

And Tulsa did beat, what, 8 other college teams?

You guys have to remember that toe meets leather is about as negative towards Chan as anybody who posts here, and therefore belittles anything good that the Tech football team does. Take anything he says with a big grain.

Back