AJ got called out by the AJC

Wrecked

Varsity Lurker
in Schultz's column. Basically he said the game will boil down to how well AJ performs and then he picks the Dawgs big. As much as I can't stand his writing, I think he is dead on for this one.

the first part of the statment has been true all year except the MD game.

I disagree with the second part...Tech wins on a last second Rhino return for TD..and by the way let that TD put Manget over the record
smile.gif

GO Jackets

I totally agree with what he had to say about AJ but he could have said it in a kinder way. AJ has
gotten worse as the season has progressed in that he has totally lost his confidence in his ability to get us into the EZ. We can't beat good teams by
kicking FG's. We have to have some TD's along the way and AJ seems to freeze up when we get into the red zone. Lord I pray for a productive QB.

My letter to Mr. Jeff:

Hi Jeff:

I cannot disagree with most (probably 98%) of what you said today. I don't doubt for a moment that the Bullies are going to win and win big tomorrow.
The big motivation factor is totally in their corner and their talent is nothing to be sneezed at, plus they have a defensive coordinator that is the best thing there since The Erk Man. I sure hope, by the way, that someone gives him an H.C. job this year......but I doubt it====kind of a dawg's luck thing.
You must agree that this is the Year of the Lucky Dawg.

There is one disturbing note to your piece. I will not be as ugly talking as you by saying: "Some people write because they have something to say
and some people write because they have to say something". Although I believe this applies to you in this case I am too nice to throw a rabbit punch like that. My problem however is the
statement below:
From your piece:

"But when Georgia and Tech play Saturday, the X-factor is Suggs. The X-factor is not how good the Buzz quarterback is but how bad he will be. Because if he's bad, Tech has no chance. And game films tell us he can only be so good.
I know. Be nice. These are college kids. Tell it to the guidance counselor."

Especially am I troubled by the misstatement ".....how bad he will be. Because if he's bad, Tech has no chance. And game films tell us he can only be so good. I know. Be nice. These are college kids. Tell it to the guidance counselor."

#1....False, misleading statement: "game films tell us he can only be so good." Come on Jeffy boy! Surely you are more logically minded than that. I would guess you most likely went to that great U. of the South: Georgia, but whether you did or not, somebody shortchanged you on your education in the thought process larnin' department. You are due a refund. Those films tell only ONE thing. How good he has been......they don't tell you any certain cotton pickin truth about how good he can be. You owe a big apology to the AJC reading audience, your old profs, and the Suggs family especially for that monstrous goof of faulty logic.

#2....You Homer!!!! you are NOT troubled by "how bad he will be. You hope to God that he and all the Tech team plays a miserable game. If you can't write logically, then at least write honestly.

#3....You say, "I know. Be nice." But I ask you, "Why start now?" When has any young upstart from the AJC been nice?

#4...Then you say, "Tell it to the guidance counselor." Just what in hell does the prior statement have to do with the role of a guidance counselor.

My suggestion to you is that YOU get a guidance counselor.

I hope your bull dawgs bite their own b_ _ ls tomorrow when they attempt to lick them.

I am,

Johnny B. Gilmer

Preston, Georgia

I do disagree. If the dawgies win it will not be big. We haven't gotten beat by more than 24(Besides FSU in 1998) since the mid 90's. This is a rivalry. Throw records out the window.
Jackets by 4.

I hope you are absolutely right and I am dead wrong. My major thrust was to set the letter (which I sent to him by the way) up or rather try to set Mr. S. up with my approach to scold him for some of the more derogatory things he said, and which I wanted to point out. Shoot, anybody knows I don't know about picking winners and scores (just look at the prediction pages). I want even try to defend that early statement, but I did and still do feel tremendously offended by the way this mornings article was written about A.J.

Don't know if he'll read it or not, but I submitted the following email:

Dear J Schultz

On behalf of many loyal Jacket fans who've had to put up with many years of your constant babbling, please accept my invitation to go F___ YOURSELF!

You are a gutless piece of S___ to attack a kid like that. Did that make you feel as if you actually earned that $6.50 an hour salary?

Sorry, I know that's stooping to his level, but I truly don't give a damn.

dont get yall's panties up in a bunch over every little ajc article. why is it that every time someone says anything negative or humorous about tech, everyone runs to their computer so they can log on to the message board and complain about what the ajc said? you guys say its wrong to insult a player, yet so many tech message board posters are all ways bashing players on other team such as nc state and quincy carter. when a tech players gets in trouble with the law people say "we dont know the facts" or "their just kids,their just doin what young people do." you people act like tech is above everyone. tech fans need to stop being so arrogant.

Reading the AUC is masochistic behavior. Rather than be disturbed, just cancel subscription and tell them why. I did a couple of yrs ago and it felt so good. I got sick opening the sports page and seeing color pix of ugag with numerous articles. When GT would win, there were numerous articles, but they consisted of why and how such a dominant team could possibly lose. And the dissatisfaction with coach and refs, etc., etc.

It just did me no good whatsoever to continue to fatten the purses of UGAg alums at AUC, and it did wonders for me to CANCEL!!!

Back