AJ Gray

JeffersonJacket

Varsity Lurker
Anyone else believe he'll be starting by midseason? He's by far my favorite recruit we signed this class. I've followed his HS career, and it completely baffles me how he was not offered by more national powers. He was the Gatorade player of the year in GA, and was a consensus 3 star. I'm thankful our coaching staff can identify talent and don't star watch. I fully believe AJ will be a huge contributer from day 1 in the back end of our defense

The beaten Tech syndrome is showing in me. I was expected bad news when I saw the thread title.

The beaten Tech syndrome is showing in me. I was expected bad news when I saw the thread title.

same here. i clicked on this going now what the öööö happen?

I think AJ is going to be great. 17 different accolades this year. If he were committed to the SEC he would have been a 4/5 star recruit. Just my opinion.

Can't wait to see him play!

He will be a good one. I think it might take him a couple of years to really break into the starting lineup.

Go Jackets!

I wonder what his forty time is? I can't find it anywhere. That would be the only reason I would think that he is underrated.

AJ Gray: .1 points below Georgia's 4-stars in the Rivals rankings. He will be a player for us.

I don't see why people are overreacting to him being a 3 star. I'm sure he's a great safety and could be a great player here but from what I saw in the state game he won player of the year cause of his play at QB. Basically was the team but at the same time you could tell he couldn't be a QB at the FBS level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see why people are overreacting to him being a 3 star. I'm sure he's a great safety and could be a great player here but from what I saw in the state game he won player of the year cause of his play at QB. Basically was the team but at the same time you could tell he couldn't be a QB at the FBS level.

Do you honestly think if he'd committed to UGA before earning State PoY honors he would not have been bumped to 4 stars? Just curious.

For the record, I don't give a crap about stars - just think it's funny. We looked pretty öööö good last year with a bunch of "2 and 3" stars. I trust our coaches.

I'm not sure he'll start right away. We have a very deep secondary, even with losing IJ. I think he'll definitely play as a true freshman and who knows, maybe he comes in and is an immediate impact type guy, and will turn out to be an All American by his Junior Year

Do you honestly think if he'd committed to UGA before earning State PoY honors he would not have been bumped to 4 stars? Just curious.

For the record, I don't give a crap about stars - just think it's funny. We looked pretty öööö good last year with a bunch of "2 and 3" stars. I trust our coaches.

Yeah he probably would've but I can see how he's state POY and still a 3 star. I think he'll only get better at safety now that he's not playing offense anymore and looks like an easy pick for our best secondary recruit this class.

I'm not sure he'll start right away. We have a very deep secondary, even with losing IJ. I think he'll definitely play as a true freshman and who knows, maybe he comes in and is an immediate impact type guy, and will turn out to be an All American by his Junior Year

And yes, I agree with this. He won't start but he'll definitely get PT because we'll need him to move into the starting lineup after Golden and D. Smith graduate.

And yes, I agree with this. He won't start but he'll definitely get PT because we'll need him to move into the starting lineup after Golden and D. Smith graduate.
We lose Smith, Golden, and Milton after 2015. We'll need the Austin twins, the Griffin non-twins, J.Johnson, Step D., and Gray to be ready to step it up the next year.

Personally I hope he redshirts. We’re deep in the secondary – probably strongest part of the team other than maybe OL. I's like to see a redshirt – with the talent lined up we could be solid at DB for the next 3-4 years. With the exception of DL (NT specifically) I think the coaches have done a great job of spreading around the talent. I have high hopes for the next few years.

Idk about that. In the title game I saw Morgan Burnett type range especially on the pick that was taken away from him. I guess I'm in the minority but I see Gray starting midway through the season

Personally I hope he redshirts. We’re deep in the secondary – probably strongest part of the team other than maybe OL. I's like to see a redshirt – with the talent lined up we could be solid at DB for the next 3-4 years. With the exception of DL (NT specifically) I think the coaches have done a great job of spreading around the talent. I have high hopes for the next few years.

Weird font; didn't read.

Anyone else believe he'll be starting by midseason? He's by far my favorite recruit we signed this class. I've followed his HS career, and it completely baffles me how he was not offered by more national powers. He was the Gatorade player of the year in GA, and was a consensus 3 star. I'm thankful our coaching staff can identify talent and don't star watch. I fully believe AJ will be a huge contributer from day 1 in the back end of our defense

The kid can play now.......first he has the size and the speed and second he is a true leader.He scores points playing BB and no showboating or attention getting rants.His folks are top notch and shoot he was a qb.I wonder how he is a three star but Sville is only 2 miles from Wadley and one AST Coaches is a good friend of mine........He can play now.

Back