AJ Green apologists

I read all 7 pages because it's Friday morning and I don't feel like doing anything at work yet today. From an outside perspective, this argument makes little to no sense.

All of the guys who do all of those things are paid, and paid market value.

Right, and market value for a college football players is a scholarship and all the perks that come with being a football player.

I think I'm late to the party on this one, though. I agree with beej, if you let "market forces" dictate how much players get paid, then just schedule a Texas/USC/Michigan/Florida/Ohio State/Notre Dame/Alabama playoff for October to decide the national championship.

By the way, here's a WSJ article that says that Ohio State spends $110,000 per year on each and every athlete in their programs. I'm quite sure that the average is higher for the football team.

Right, and market value for a college football players is a scholarship and all the perks that come with being a football player.

There is no market, that is not market value it is defined value by the monopsony manager.

By the way, here's a WSJ article that says that Ohio State spends $110,000 per year on each and every athlete in their programs. I'm quite sure that the average is higher for the football team.

This is a nonsense figure derived by taking the total athletic budget and dividing by the number of athletes. Paying the coach $2M per year is "spending money on the athlete" in this nonsense calculation.

Did you guys hear that AJ Green sold his jersey to a former UNC player that is being investigated? A UGA-UNC connection, haha.

This thread is still going?

Mods, please ban everyone that has commented in the last 24 hours.

crap

There is no market, that is not market value it is defined value by the monopsony manager.

This is a nonsense figure derived by taking the total athletic budget and dividing by the number of athletes. Paying the coach $2M per year is "spending money on the athlete" in this nonsense calculation.

Oh crap, he's talking about his colonoscopy again.

Back