AJ Green Wonderlic Score

Sadly, given the history of NFL players with respect to bankruptcy, AJ will likely not retain his earnings and those on this board will be worth more than AJ within five years after he has left the game. I believe the stat is greater than 50% of NFL players declare for bankruptcy within 5 years following retirement. This occurs despite the efforts of the NFL to educate players on investing their assets.

I agree with the poster above, the more college athletics resemble a minor league of sorts for the NFL and NBA the more disinterested i have become in the whole process.

You mean "uninterested". "Disinterested" means unbiased.

Yea, what a low score! Good thing he learned his lesson and isn't about to make millions of dollars anyway.

apparently some analysts do think this is pretty bad:
Green's low score prompted one unnamed NFL evaluator to tell PFW that, "A.J. won't reach his full potential. It's hard for dumb receivers..." Other unnamed scouts told the magazine that said they believe that Green, 6-3 ½ and 215 pounds, will overcome any perceived lack of smarts, if he is not rushed or overloaded.

I think since AJ Green is a verifiable retart, there should be special league rules designed to accommodate him. For example, the opposing team should all have to wear earplugs so AJ's quarterback can give signals like, "Hey AJ, this is the play where you run up there about five steps, then act like you're stopping and turning around, and then you run real fast toward that yellow post way down there" or "it's a running play AJ, so don't get angry when I don't throw you the ball. And you need to block that guy over there."

Green has far too much talent not to be a successful in the NFL.

The Wonderlic appears to have no corellation/predictive ability to future success in the league - some guys with high scores have flopped and some really good players bombed on the test.

I mean if being a moron meant you sucked at football then I think he would have sucked at UGa.

Very true burdell. I don't really like green bc he was a dog, but he was a damn good college receiver and most likely will be a damn good pro receiver.

If being a moron meant you sucked at football then UGA would suck at football.

I said many times that the guy is slow, but I always received strange looks. Maybe I should have clarified that I think that AJ Green can run like the wind, which passes uninhibited between his helmet's earholes.

Back