AJ Green

WreckfromGTech

Varsity Lurker
I hate typing this but we have nobody that can cover this freak? I'm afraid that he's going to have a career day against us. :eek:

We can not cover Green man to man like Auburn tried and couldn't do. I am afraid they are going to ram it down our throats and when we put 8 in the box they will hit the long one like Miami did.

I don't think they will even need him. Have you seen the defense lately? All they need to do is run up the middle all game.

Don't worry guys. I've got a plan.

I've been talking to him on facebook, and I'm going to buy his Colorado game worn jersey for $1.

If anything, AJ Green playing this year may help us. Last year, without Green and Durham, UGAg was forced to run the ball and they quickly found out it was pretty damn easy. This year, Bobo will want to get Green his catches and run higher risk plays.

I want us to win that game, but I will be surprised if we keep the game to within 3 TD's.

If anything, AJ Green playing this year may help us. Last year, without Green and Durham, UGAg was forced to run the ball and they quickly found out it was pretty damn easy. This year, Bobo will want to get Green his catches and run higher risk plays.

I want us to win that game, but I will be surprised if we keep the game to within 3 TD's.

Right. This is kind of like Calvin's junior year against U[sic]GA when we felt compelled to have Reggie throw it to him and...well...we all know how that worked out. We would have had a better chance just running Choice every time.

Right. This is kind of like Calvin's junior year against U[sic]GA when we felt compelled to have Reggie throw it to him and...well...we all know how that worked out. We would have had a better chance just running Choice every time.

You are absolutely right. UGAg seems to have some playcalling where I believe Bobo calls for a pass just because they have not passed in a few downs. I've always felt that if something is working, keep doing it.

Damn NC State in 2005 - hand the damn ball to PJ and win - don't pass from the 1 yard line (sorry, that memory is so burned in my brain that I can never forget it).

Butler and a safety at least will have to be on him every play.

Unfortunately though, I don't think Green will be the reason we will lose to UGA. I think their OL is big enough to just run the ball down our throats every play.

AJ Green isn't our only worry. They have a great receiving core and their tight end is as good as anybody, and their running backs will get consistent positive yardage.

AJ Green isn't our only worry. They have a great receiving core and their tight end is as good as anybody, and their running backs will get consistent positive yardage.

Yep, we won't even be able to cover Durham. We are going to have a few PI's in the game called on us.

We just don't have the talent on defense to match UGA.

FWIW purely from a college football fan point of view without color lenses, Aaron Murray is a good QB. AJ Green is just a notch below Calvin Johnson. Their other receivers are more than serviceable. Their OLine is big and seasoned and they have good tailbacks.

Basically, I don't see any reason GT should beat UGA. I really don't.

But it's college football and strange things happen, though I don't have that thought for the 2010 GT team, because nothing has gone right all year.

FWIW purely from a college football fan point of view without color lenses, Aaron Murray is a good QB. AJ Green is just a notch below Calvin Johnson. Their other receivers are more than serviceable. Their OLine is big and seasoned and they have good tailbacks.

But it's college football and strange things happen, though I don't have that thought for the 2010 GT team, because nothing has gone right all year.

Maybe they've been banking up all the luck?

When you have bigger, stronger, faster players who play hard, suddenly you become much more "lucky."

The only ray of hope in the UGA game is that their defense is not all that good either. UF is not a team you should give up 31 points in regulation to this year. Our best bet is a game of tennis with UGA and breaking a couple of serves.

You are absolutely right. UGAg seems to have some playcalling where I believe Bobo calls for a pass just because they have not passed in a few downs. I've always felt that if something is working, keep doing it.

Damn NC State in 2005 - hand the damn ball to PJ and win - don't pass from the 1 yard line (sorry, that memory is so burned in my brain that I can never forget it).

Curse you for mentioning that horrid event.

Mods please ban.

Go after Murray's ankles. It's what they've been doing to our QB for two years now.

Back