AJ Jankins is looking at other schools

I think he is going to UF

His father has always wanted UF...but AJ GT. Do not throw in the towel yet though.

However, I warned everyone that the media has started getting a lot of their crap from the message boards (the AJC refers to it all the time)...and the opposing coaches are using the anti-Chan crowd to attempt to sway commitments and prevent other commitments. That is why I have always said it is fine to show discontent....it is just more helpful to the program if it is done in a more professional manner such as directly to D-Rad and Gailey themselves.

The tough thing is Josh Jarboe has always wanted GT...but his academic situation is just too far away.

Maybe we can manage to hold onto this recruit.
However, the days b/w now & signing day are always a double edged sword... You can almost bet that there will be some gains & losses b/w now & then....

But like I said I would like to hold onto this one for sure.....And maybe this will prevent some of the overall negative comments on the Coach...

What the hell does people bitching about Chan have to do with losing recruits? Perhaps if the fan base was happy with 5 losses every year, losing to UGA every year, and finishing unranked every year, we could get better recruits!

I can see it now...AJ jenkings sitting in Urban Meyer's office and Urban has his computer on the BBuzzoff page showing him that these GT fans just aren't nice...because Urban Meyer would definitely have a job after losing to UGA 5 times, finishing unranked for 5 straight years and.....well you get the point. Get real.

If AJ goes to UF its because he wants to compete for championships, something he is never likely to do under Gailey.

Signing day isn't until February and a lot of the dust will have settled by then.

Hopefully the recruits on the fence will let things play out before making a decision based on a snapshot.

We really, really need to take care of business on the field over the next 4 weeks. We haven't looked like a well-oiled machine this year against decent competition. Sure would be nice to take Virginia Tech to the woodshed next week. The players need it, the coaches need it, the fans need it and it would silence the dysfunctional segment of our fan base and the hack journalists who have been trashing our staff.

His father has always wanted UF...but AJ GT. Do not throw in the towel yet though.

However, I warned everyone that the media has started getting a lot of their crap from the message boards (the AJC refers to it all the time)...and the opposing coaches are using the anti-Chan crowd to attempt to sway commitments and prevent other commitments. That is why I have always said it is fine to show discontent....it is just more helpful to the program if it is done in a more professional manner such as directly to D-Rad and Gailey themselves.

The tough thing is Josh Jarboe has always wanted GT...but his academic situation is just too far away.

Come on, people posting on message boards about their frustration with Gailey means nothing. Respected media outlets reported that he has already been fired may have some effect though.

Come on, people posting on message boards about their frustration with Gailey means nothing. Respected media outlets reported that he has already been fired may have some effect though.

Listen guys....don't believe me if you do not want to...but I know for a fact the following....

1) High school coaches and their kids subscribe and/or are given free subscriptions to Scout and Rivals...and they read the boards. I know of several handles that are actually the parents of prospective recruits.

2) Al Groh printed out posts about CG to show an OL (UVA player Ian Yates-Cunningham) when he was recruiting him.

3) Our current players and coaches do read The Hive and other boards.

4) The AJC has printed several topics that they got from the Hive and other boards...and has even quoted from posts by several handles. They have made reference to this practice increasingly this year in their articles. ...particularly Knobler and Winklejohn.

5) Anything is fair game and is used accordingly when it comes to the world of recruiting. Coaching instability is the number one thing used to get a kid to question a particular school. To top it off...GT is one school that requires coaching stability to recruit...moreso than a UGA that will get top recruits each year regardless of who the head coach is.

Also...remember we are talking about impressionable children here. The wackiest things can sway them...no matter how illogical it may seem to us.

Choice has surgery and now this....crap.

AJ is pretty fast from what I recall.

I just saw on Gojackets. com that he "decommits" from GT and has opened up his recruitment.

What the hell does people bitching about Chan have to do with losing recruits? Perhaps if the fan base was happy with 5 losses every year, losing to UGA every year, and finishing unranked every year, we could get better recruits!

I can see it now...AJ jenkings sitting in Urban Meyer's office and Urban has his computer on the BBuzzoff page showing him that these GT fans just aren't nice...because Urban Meyer would definitely have a job after losing to UGA 5 times, finishing unranked for 5 straight years and.....well you get the point. Get real.

If AJ goes to UF its because he wants to compete for championships, something he is never likely to do under Gailey.

Yes, let's see..

I could go to Tech and have the remote possiblity that Taylor Bennett can get me the ball wide-azz open down the field or...

I can play on the same field with Tim Tebow.

You all know we need a passing game and the reason we don't is not on the receiving end.

Yes, let's see..

I could go to Tech and have the remote possiblity that Taylor Bennett can get me the ball wide-azz open down the field or...

I can play on the same field with Tim Tebow.

You all know we need a passing game and the reason we don't is not on the receiving end.

This whole Taylor Bennet and Tim Tebow thing is rediculous. Both of these players will be gone after next season. Taylor will graduate and Tebow will go into the NFL.

If AJ does in fact go to UF he will probably redshirt as UF is stacked at the WR position, they got the #'s 6 and 22 WR in 2007 class, the #'s 2, 3, and 21 WR in the 2006 class, and the #'s 23, 38, 49, and 63 WR in the 2005 class. They are also in with 7 or 8 of the top 15 WR in this years class. AJ is #36 this year. If he wants to play and have a shot to be the showcase receiver he will not go to UF. C.J. proved that you can play at Tech and get to the NFL.

thanks mts315 very informative posting & backed it up w/ facts.....It will be interesting to see what happens w/ Jenkins....It's an interesting dilema...go to a highly successful team (recently) and play or sit out behind highly ranked players at your position or go some where else make an impact.... There's no FREE LUNCH at the college level. You have to be willing to compete for PT at your position or be buried in the depth chart....Gotta work for it...

I can't say where Jenkins is going to end up...whatever happens, it might be a little more difficult for the recruiting staff to take a verbal confirmation again from him....Wouldn't it?

I thought AJ was going to be the new face of the GT offensive corps and am very unhappy he chose to de-commit. He could have been the next star of our team and would have been able to play on the national stage via espn thursday night games and plenty of other big ACC games. He's just another guy at UF and plenty of other SEC schools, he won't be the potential gamebreaker like he could be with our new QB group at GT.

(Maybe he or his parents read this and change their minds)

Honestly, if I was a high school football player (and not a diehard Tech fan) it would be hard to pass on an offer from Florida. National Champs, good school, boatloads of hot chicks, nice climate...

He will not see the field for a long time if he goes to UF (on Offense anyway), they have an arsenal of Wideouts.

This whole Taylor Bennet and Tim Tebow thing is rediculous. Both of these players will be gone after next season. Taylor will graduate and Tebow will go into the NFL.

If AJ does in fact go to UF he will probably redshirt as UF is stacked at the WR position, they got the #'s 6 and 22 WR in 2007 class, the #'s 2, 3, and 21 WR in the 2006 class, and the #'s 23, 38, 49, and 63 WR in the 2005 class. They are also in with 7 or 8 of the top 15 WR in this years class. AJ is #36 this year. If he wants to play and have a shot to be the showcase receiver he will not go to UF. C.J. proved that you can play at Tech and get to the NFL.

Tim Tebow will not leave Florida early for the NFL, trust me on this one.

I feel your pain hiveredtech, but we are in this situation every year. The facts are: beat Va Tech, beat the teams you're supposed to beat like Duke and UNC, and FINALLY get over the hump and beat UGAg, and you will be in the best position ever with recruits, regardless of what fans say on message boards. Losing to teams like UVA and Maryland who we literally had beaten hurts us more than anything Urban Meyer can point out on a message board.

It is understandable that you might hold that position.

Particularly considering virtually every post you make has gems like this:

Must every topic turn into a criticism of our coach or players?

Back