AJC already blames UGAg loss on the refs

I would blame their loss on Cox's inability to pass to wide open receivers. At least Richt studied the film and determined that LSU's weakness is their passing defense. UGA's receivers were wide open on multiple occasions (mainly that deep slant across the middle in the beginning of the game where Cox threw 10 yards in front of the guy). Richt kept calling deep passes, but Cox couldn't execute. If he plays like that against us, it will be a huge win for us because, unlike LSU, we have a great running game.

No mention of the most flagrant uncalled intentional grounding play in the history of college football?

LMAO!!!!

That was the most un-athletic play I've seen in D-1 football since A.J. Suggs was quarterback on the flats.

If that play happens in Baton Rouge, it gets called. No question about it.

Hilarious play, imo. :laugher:

I would blame their loss on Cox's inability to pass to wide open receivers. At least Richt studied the film and determined that LSU's weakness is their passing defense. UGA's receivers were wide open on multiple occasions (mainly that deep slant across the middle in the beginning of the game where Cox threw 10 yards in front of the guy). Richt kept calling deep passes, but Cox couldn't execute. If he plays like that against us, it will be a huge win for us because, unlike LSU, we have a great running game.

Since i don't follow the mutts closely for obvious reasons, don't the nad lickers throw the ball so much because their stable of 5 star running backs are sh!tty? I could be wrong (not the first time).

Since i don't follow the mutts closely for obvious reasons, don't the nad lickers throw the ball so much because their stable of 5 star running backs are sh!tty? I could be wrong (not the first time).

They do. I was talking to a UGA guy at a wedding (I have already written about that hellish wedding a week ago). I asked him if they run any option or Wildcat because all the great teams are starting to do it. His response was that UGA only has pocket passers as QB's and they don't try to trick defenses by running the option. Yes, he said "trick." He said that Richt thinks UGA is good enough to just beat teams "straight up." Hahaha. I guess they aren't. Maybe they should install some of those "trick" plays.

No mention of the most flagrant uncalled intentional grounding play in the history of college football?

That was actually just terrible camera work by CBS. They didn't show you in the replay, but if you DVR back to the actual play, there's a receiver about two feet from where the ball lands, so it wasn't even close to unintentional grounding. How the announcers missed it, I don't know.

What I took away from it was that the celebration penalties seemed absurd. I know they're supposed to be cracking down, etc, but that was a sort of overkill. The one on Green AND the one on Scott.

Not to mention the safety that wasn't....

UGAG was not jobbed, LSU almost was. Can't believe Miles let that opportunity at the end of the half get away.
I'm agree, LSU squandered the last 2 minutes of the 1st half. Certainly threw away a good opportunity to go for a FG.

I just went to ajc.com and the front page is a picture of GT and a headline of us winning.

That was actually just terrible camera work by CBS. They didn't show you in the replay, but if you DVR back to the actual play, there's a receiver about two feet from where the ball lands, so it wasn't even close to unintentional grounding. How the announcers missed it, I don't know.

It was not intentional grounding on technicality. If Cox was actually aiming for anything on that pass then I'm a half-cooked chicken. It looked like he just lobbed the ball in the air while being tackled and if luck was against him the ball would've flown left right out the side of the endzone.

Least that's just how I saw it. Then again I'm incredibly near sighted.

He wasn't aiming for anything, but there was someone there. That's all that matters. Not that he could have hit them if he WAS aiming for them, but I'm just sayin :P

No shiat, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

What about the fsu/bc ref not giving bc the 1st down when clearly he made it by a yard. talk about a hard on to get fsu a win.

OMG, the melt down that occurred on the AJC UGAG blogs is soul-nourishing. I highly recommend reading it.

It was not intentional grounding on technicality. If Cox was actually aiming for anything on that pass then I'm a half-cooked chicken. It looked like he just lobbed the ball in the air while being tackled and if luck was against him the ball would've flown left right out the side of the endzone.

Least that's just how I saw it. Then again I'm incredibly near sighted.

So? That doesn't change the fact that it wasn't even close to intentional grounding.

I just went to ajc.com and the front page is a picture of GT and a headline of us winning.

That might be, but the dead tree edition had the mutts as the headline with a big picture of the one-with-the-purple-head walking off the field, dejected.

We got a column off to the left side. They got 2 pages on the inside. We got 1.

Let's face it - the AJC sucks.

Oh, and by the way - this just adds to my theory. According to mutt fans, U(sic)GA has actually never *lost* a game - it's always someone else's fault.

Back