AJC and Sewak on the offensive line

I guess they can call them whatever they want, but I was taught the same as the dictionary definition:

Main Entry: nose tackle
Part of Speech: n
Definition: in football, a defensive lineman positioned opposite the center

Next time I see Ted I need to remember to tell him he doesn't know WTF a nose tackle is.

I played this position in junior high, but we called it nose guard. I like nose tackle better. Sounds tougher.

I guess they can call them whatever they want, but I was taught the same as the dictionary definition:

Next time I see Ted I need to remember to tell him he doesn't know WTF a nose tackle is.

You'd just make yourself look stupid. Our Nose Tackle lines up opposite the center and our other DT lines up in 3-Tech, typically.

Pelton was just saying that the basic ways they engage blocks and try to apply pressure are basically the same. It's kind of like the way we trained the so-called strong and free safety position last year.

You'd just make yourself look stupid. Our Nose Tackle lines up opposite the center and our other DT lines up in 3-Tech, typically.

Gee, I just remembered why I don't post here so much anymore, because of total wankers like yourself.

"Opposite" the C means directly in front of him. 4-3 guys are offset from the C, not directly in front. When you see us line up this year, you'll learn about this and feel pretty silly.

And since your sarcasm detector ain't working, note that I was kidding about talking smack to Ted.

Thanks for restoring my faith in the limitless toolhood of our fan base.

Gee, I just remembered why I don't post here so much anymore, because of total wankers like yourself.

"Opposite" the C means directly in front of him. 4-3 guys are offset from the C, not directly in front. When you see us line up this year, you'll learn about this and feel pretty silly.

And since your sarcasm detector ain't working, note that I was kidding about talking smack to Ted.

28898466.jpg

I dunno.. if you freeze our spring game video at 0:08 (also at 0:13 & 0:44) seconds it looks like he is directly in front of the center

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJazH-Eo_kU

I'm not going to argue one way or the other on that, because I can't tell based on that camera angle. He is definitely cheated in close.

But even if he is on the center's nose for that play, there are ten more where he is not, which makes him at best a Sometimes Nose Tackle.

Having looked at a bunch of X-O diagrams since yesterday, I see that calling the guy closest to C the Nose Tackle is pretty common.

I'm not going to argue one way or the other on that, because I can't tell based on that camera angle. He is definitely cheated in close.

But even if he is on the center's nose for that play, there are ten more where he is not, which makes him at best a Sometimes Nose Tackle.

Having looked at a bunch of X-O diagrams since yesterday, I see that calling the guy closest to C the Nose Tackle is pretty common.

bkpdl.gif

2145639.jpg

Back