AJC article about Johnson not punting

Call it fourth-and-4. Football is at Boston College’s 35-yard-line. The game is tied with 8:37 left in the third quarter.

That means you are 35 yards from scoring.

CPJ doesn't care which 35 it is:

“My personality will dictate that if I’ve got fourth-and-six inches, and you’re not covering the center, why do I want to punt?” he said. “I’m not going to punt it just because the book says punt it on fourth down from your own 35.

Given our current FG kicking success (lack thereof) we may want to punt it from the 35. That's a 52 yarder (depending on the distance to the holder).

The estimate is always "yard-line+17"

and only 7 of it is debatable, since the goal posts are ALWAYS 10 yards behind the goal line. in addition, if your kicker is less than 7 yards behind the line, it will most often get blocked

Call it fourth-and-4. Football is at Boston College’s 35-yard-line. The game is tied with 8:37 left in the third quarter.

That means you are 35 yards from scoring.

Yeah, most likely you'll punt into the endzone and gain only 15 yards. Going for it isn't exactly a ground-breaking decision, even in the third quarter.

Yeah, most likely you'll punt into the endzone and gain only 15 yards. Going for it isn't exactly a ground-breaking decision, even in the third quarter.

Btw, I actually do agree with you on this. Unless it's 4th and 20 and a FG isn't a possibility, there's not much since in punting from the 35.

Glad someone sees it. I'm not doubting his ballsiness to go for it on 4th. However, it's nothing special in THAT situation.

Glad someone sees it. I'm not doubting his ballsiness to go for it on 4th. However, it's nothing special in THAT situation.

Dude, wake up and read the freaking quote! It says from your "OWN" 35 yardline... Thick GSU kid cant read. ;) The journalist is the one who mis-represented what he was saying...

Plus I saw at least 3 or 4 punts from the opposing 35 yardline this weekend. Some of them quick kicks and some of them regular punts.

Dude, wake up and read the freaking quote! It says from your "OWN" 35 yardline... Thick GSU kid cant read. ;) The journalist is the one who mis-represented what he was saying...

Plus I saw at least 3 or 4 punts from the opposing 35 yardline this weekend. Some of them quick kicks and some of them regular punts.

Dude, wake up and quit assuming! If your dumb ass reads the first few lines, you will see that it says BOSTON COLLEGE. What are you some kind of ****ing idiot? Don't go around questioning my intelligence cause you are too ****ing stupid to read the words on the page. So what if it says that farther down the page? You can bet the two sentences are NOT related. How stupid can you be to not realize what we are talking about? Jesus.....

GSU_Paintballer is going to take Kyle's knife and cut you.

Am I doing it right?

Dude, wake up and quit assuming! If your dumb ass reads the first few lines, you will see that it says BOSTON COLLEGE. What are you some kind of ****ing idiot? Don't go around questioning my intelligence cause you are too ****ing stupid to read the words on the page. So what if it says that farther down the page? You can bet the two sentences are NOT related. How stupid can you be to not realize what we are talking about? Jesus.....

putting Jesus in the same paragraph as all those ***words is just plain wrong -- and poor journalism!
Back to Statesboro with you... and Nike sucks

You guys need to kick each others ass, get up, shake hands, drink a beer together......and quit acting like a bunch of bitches.

GSU_Paintballer is going to take Kyle's knife and cut you.

Am I doing it right?

I'm a lover, not a fighter. I do not, however, appreciate someone insulting my intelligence when they are not following the conversation.

putting Jesus in the same paragraph as all those ***words is just plain wrong -- and poor journalism!
Back to Statesboro with you... and Nike sucks

I can't pull ANYTHING out of this other than that GSU wears Nike unis. They're plain though, so not much complaint there :hsugh:

Back