AJC article about the last series

TCJacket

Varsity Lurker
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/s...6/1007_tech.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

The draw was Bond's decision, Bond and Gailey both said, but there was a discussion. They talked about other plays, at least one of them a short-range "possession" pass.
"We were trying in my mind to get 4 or 5 yards, to make it 47 instead of 52 [yards on the field goal]," Bond said. "In our minds, that's what we were trying to get on the draw call. We were thinking in terms of possession pass, but we thought based on all their tendencies they had shown they were probably going to play coverage. We had run the draw earlier, once for 8 [yards], once for 5."

What? trying to make it 47 instead of 52? Didn't TB already miss from 47??

How about taking a risk, which has a large reward in the form of a much shorter field goal?

But no, we must play pussy ball.

"But no, we must play pussy ball."

Congrats. Agree with this sentiment. You must've bin labien.

I VB AM NO T A TEREROROST! i HART MERKA!

"But no, we must play pussy ball."

^ How many times can we say we've seen/heard/thought that in the last six seasons?

Last edited:
Yeah it was Bond's decision to run the draw, just like it was my decision to go to college after high school rather than joining the traveling circus. Sure, my parents and I had a "discussion," but, you know, I made the call.

Also, what "tendencies" is he talking about... wasn't Maryland stacking the box on those final few plays [1st down - nothing, 2nd down - nothing, 3rd down - nothing + holding]? The draw worked earlier on the drive, but not when there was no threat to pass from our remarkably effective QB...

Yeah it was Bond's decision to run the draw, just like it was my decision to go to college after high school rather than joining the traveling circus. Sure, my parents and I had a "discussion," but, you know, I made the call.

Also, what "tendencies" is he talking about... wasn't Maryland stacking the box on those final few plays [1st down - nothing, 2nd down - nothing, 3rd down - nothing + holding]? The draw worked earlier on the drive, but not when there was no threat to pass from our remarkably effective QB...
I'm sure Gailey said, "pick a running play, b!tch."

The draw was Bond's decision, Bond and Gailey both said, but there was a discussion. They talked about other plays, at least one of them a short-range "possession" pass.

...but there was a discussion --i.e. Chan said run the draw play.

They = John Bond

Back