AJC article on Bowen; CPJ is a class act

SkiJacket

Varsity Lurker
http://www.ajc.com/gatech/content/sports/gatech/stories/2008/12/17/tech_bowen_injury.html

Bowen will undergo surgery in May to fuse two vertebrae. He is putting it off so as not to disrupt his studies. Bowen is on track to graduate in management a year from now, with coaching one possible career path. Bowen said he’s grateful that Tech’s training staff “took the right steps to get it checked out and we found out what it was.” “Football’s done,” he added. “I’m going to work on my golf game.”

Looks like Shane's doing ok and staying positive. Excellent news.

Also in the same article, a small blurb about CPJ's new contract:

Johnson said he was happy that part of the new deal will include a raise for his assistants. “That was a big stickler for me,” Johnson said. “That was the only thing I really asked for.”

I like the man a little more every day. And I didn't think I could be any more pleased with him after the UGAg game.

Best of luck to Shane and THANKS for his effort and attitude on the team--we are truly blessed with CPJ--man what a diff. a year makes!!

Serves as a reminder what these young men put themselves through to play football for Georgia Tech.

We are grateful, Mr. Bowen, and we wish you the best of luck.

There were days - especially in my first two years - that Tech scared the hell out of me. How these young men handle that together with the added pressure and demands of representing Georgia Tech on the football field is utterly beyond me. From our walkons to our consensus All-Americans, these young men have earned my respect.

Back