AJC article on UGA

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
"Controversial Fumble"

The link shows a series of pictures that describe how UGA was robbed of a fumble against Vandy. It seems they even use the controversial fumble excuse when they win - and against Vandy of all teams.

Click "Next" over and over for the series of pictures (if you can endure the injustice). Oh, the horror - the horror...

Link to The Horror Inflicted By The Cheating Hands of Vandy

Just for the record - I take great pleasure in the fact that it was NOT a fumble in our game a few years ago. I love that they feel so cheated.

It's almost better to cheat a cheat than to beat them outright, so I like it that way. I get tired of the fact that there is ALWAYS an excuse with that crew.

It's amazing - they end up beating Vandy 20-2 and we have to read about how they got cheated out of a fumble...

UGA fans are the biggest bunch of sissies I've ever seen. Every advantage and still an excuse - did you know they had to play with out all their best players? I'm glad we never have to deal with that. It would be scary.

I'm glad we never get cheated by the ref. That would be scary too.

They have truly overcome adversity haven't they? Well, at least they've found a way overcome academic standards and the United States Judicial system, anyway.

I can honestly say I never hear the excuses from our fans that I hear out of that crowd. If UGA fans didn't have each other to reinforce their Napoleanic delusions they would really be in trouble.

I hadn't heard any UGA fans talk about that play until I saw the AJC article. Probably just looking for something to write about...it was one boring game.

Listening to the talking heads on espn, the vandy "win" will probably knock uga below USC and OSU in the first BCS standings out tonight.

If true, lets see what the auc has to write about that.

oops! Just saw where the AP and the coaches poll didn't change (with the exception of usc picking up some points on uga.) Ugag will probably be 4th in the bcs.

I think UGa could be #3 ahead of VT. Watch and see. Margin of victory has been taken out of the computer polls.

"UGA fans are the biggest bunch of sissies I've ever seen."

LOL! Thank you Mr. Pot.

"...they even use the fumble excuse when they win..and against Vandy of all teams".

Lest we not forget that we were taken to overtime by Vandy..."of all teams".

We best not throw too many punches about this one.

UGA should be 8 or 9 right now, behind USC, LSU, FSU and Ohio St; maybe even Washington St.

Originally posted by sfalco:
UGA should be 8 or 9 right now, behind USC, LSU, FSU and Ohio St; maybe even Washington St.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">As far as best teams in the country right now..I would rank uga in the top 8..Ive been impressed with both U.S.C. and VT this year..I think it is imho 1.Okl. 2. Miami 3.Vt 4.U.S.C. and then the others....

"As far as best teams in the country right now..I would rank uga in the top 8..Ive been impressed with both U.S.C. and VT this year..I think it is imho 1.Okl. 2. Miami 3.Vt 4.U.S.C. and then the others...."

Sounds about right to me. I'd have LSU above UGA because they beat us and probably FSU. I may change my mind on Ohio St., though. They have looked vulnerable in a few games they have won. SO maybe UGA at 7.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
I certainley feel Southern Cal..is better than Uga and VT also...Now as far as the BCS rankings how can you reward UGA winning (a very sloppy effort) a game against Vandy...Better than a U.S.C. romp over Notre Dame???
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It ain't about just last week...UGA's romps over quality teams like UT, ALA, S. Carolina, Clemson are just as impressive (if not more).

Kirbee..

Auburn is better than any of the teams UGA Beat..U.S.C. killed them AT Auburn Shut them out...also U.S.C. plays no.6 Wash State in 2 weeks..If they beat them..Uga will have a very hard time passing USC. in BCS if USC goes undefeated the rest of the way...Auburn was ranked 6 in the country when SC beat em Even if Uga beats Auburn..Auburn will not be ranked as high when they play Georgia..Beating 2 Top 10 teams in Auburn and Wash.State will give Sc the Nod..I think U.S.C. is better than Uga as is VT Imho..

"Auburn is better than any of the teams UGA Beat..U.S.C. killed them AT Auburn Shut them out..."

Was Auburn better than any of those teams 4 weeks ago when they couldn't do anything on offense? How about 6 weeks ago when USC beat them?

I think most would agree that AU has improved a lot since the first few games.

Auburn has gotten better and better each week..BUT it doesnt matter as they were ranked higher when USC beat them and therefore if they beat Wash. State that is ranked 6..that will be 2 top 10 teams they beat...

The sec has been down now for 2 or 3 years running.. the new ACC has 3 teams there sitting in the top 10 VT,FSU,Miami..imho the best conference now...It hurt the sec when Spurrier left UF..Ut has dropped significantly the last 2 to 3 years..I watched Maryland manhandle them in the Peach..things have changed dramatically the last couple of years....

the new ACC has 3 teams there sitting in the top 10 VT,FSU,Miami.

With all due respect, neither Miami nor VT are in the ACC this season. So the ACC has one team in the top 10.

[bI think most would agree that AU has improved a lot since the first few games.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think most would agree that Georgia Tech has improved a lot since the Auburn game.

...and btw...Wake Forst should have beat the soon to be Big 10 champ Purdue...they lost 16-10 because of plain stupidity...their worst game of the year. However...they did lose.

The ACC has looked pretty good against the best.

the new ACC has 3 teams there sitting in the top 10 VT,FSU,Miami.

With all due respect, neither Miami nor VT are in the ACC this season. So the ACC has one team in the top 10.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wow their not????

I said the NEW ACC....Point being ..NO collection of teams in any conference is Better...Of course i know you sec/dog lovers will argue that...

Originally posted by kirbee:
I think UGa could be #3 ahead of VT. Watch and see. Margin of victory has been taken out of the computer polls.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I certainley feel Southern Cal..is better than Uga and VT also...Now as far as the BCS rankings how can you reward UGA winning (a very sloppy effort) a game against Vandy...Better than a U.S.C. romp over Notre Dame???

Back