AJC article on UGA's opinion of the rivalry

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
AJC article on UGA\'s opinion of the rivalry

Link

Our guys should see this and get very angry for Saturday.

Re: AJC article on UGA\'s opinion of the rivalry

oops...thought I had made sure that no one had posted it yet but I guess not.

They do this every year. It is their safety valve. Its similar to watching Tiger Woods in a tournament that he doesn't win: Always looks like he has no interest if he's not winning.

That's fine with me. let 11/26 be the first of 3 consecutive losses in Atlanta.

They run this same garbage every Thanksgiving holiday and I ignore it. I talk to UGAg fans on a daily basis and I know how they feel about us is just as strong as how we feel about them.

We've heard this regularly now and I'll say the fault lays right at our feet. We just need to whip their uh huhs til we can regain some respect. I'm anxious to see our fast developing young O.Line take it to Uoogah first. This thing will only get better now. I just hope CCG has brought these guys down off their Cane high and humbled them enough to go out and kick dogs.

[ QUOTE ]

We've heard this regularly now and I'll say the fault lays right at our feet. We just need to whip their uh huhs til we can regain some respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, we will always have the element of fans co-existing and getting in each others faces but the results are what can quickly gets under their skin. I remember when Godsey held those three fingers up in Athens, I bet that year they considered us their main rival. Trash talk is great, but justified trash talk is even better.

PS: We also need to make them lose a NC bid like OK. St did to the Sooners a few years ago when they upset them and celebrated with broken roses (simbolizing killing OU's Rose Bowl chances).

Re: EVER WANT TO DISMEMBER A MUTT FAN?

Are they that inbred that all their names are bill king. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
PS: We also need to make them lose a NC bid like OK. St did to the Sooners a few years ago when they upset them and celebrated with broken roses (simbolizing killing OU's Rose Bowl chances).

[/ QUOTE ]

Fat Chance of that. The reason uga holds 1980 ! so near and dear to their heart is because they know its the only one they will have.

We need to face the fact that Tech gives uga more respect than any team the rednecks play. Its easier said than done, but we need to consider them as another ncsu. let the biatch slapping begin.

Hey, I think he wrote an excellent article, considering who and where it came from. What else can you expect from a Uoogah fan wearing a red shirt and a red cap, but then, that is only to match his red neck!!!!!!

Here's Tony Barnhart's explanation of why we are Ugag's biggest rival counterpointing the previous article: Counterpoint

I kept waiting to read "Jim Donnan could not be reached for comment" at the end of the article but I guess Gof's side was enough for Tony.

Well, I am a UGA grad, been a Tech fan all of my life and four years in Athens did not change that. I usually go to one game a year in Athens (when I'm invited by a friend who is a season ticket holder).

I know plenty of UGA fans who 'hate' Tech and, although there is an absolute passion for beating Tennessee and Auburn (and I imagine an inferiority complex when it comes to Florida is at epic proportions by now), Tech is still the game these guys don't want to lose. As has been mentioned, just let Tech win a couple of games in a row and it becomes quite obvious.

Thanks GTYJ12,
I had decided that AJC had no reporters with any intellect. Restored some faith over there after all. LOL.

Back