AJC Article (QB/BB Content)

Legal Jacket

Dodd-Like
Some good stuff:

First, looks like its TW one, SD two, and VL three, although Vad will NOT be running the scout team. Johnson will evaluate Vad each week.

Article Here

Second, Johnson said he didn't there is any question Sims has made a case for starting BB.

Not much longer. Go Jackets!

Some good stuff:

First, looks like its TW one, SD two, and VL three, although Vad will NOT be running the scout team. Johnson will evaluate Vad each week.

Vad at #3 was exactly what I expected going into the season opener. He'll be up to #2 by the third game or so.

I also bet he will see some snaps against WCU in mop up time.

Wait vad isn't. Going to do scout team?? Why the hell not? He is probably our best passer so you think we would use that if he isn't in the 2 deep on the depth chart

Wait vad isn't. Going to do scout team?? Why the hell not? He is probably our best passer so you think we would use that if he isn't in the 2 deep on the depth chart

Because running the scout team doesn't get you option reps?

Scout team is overrated anyways.

I predict we'll have other "interesting" QB prospects by Vad's senior year. Prolly a couple. Think about it.

What QBs do we have left to run the scout team? Especially if Demond is playing Safety?

What QBs do we have left to run the scout team? Especially if Demond is playing Safety?

Read the article

Johnson said walk-on quarterback Darryl Dickey likely will run the scout-team offense. Freshman Demond Smith, a likely redshirt, is another possibility. Smith began camp at quarterback and moved to safety after Fred Holton’s torn Achilles injury. Having either Dickey or Smith run the scout team means Lee will continue working as a backup and could play this season.

“We’ll evaluate and see where he’s at each week,” Johnson said.

Because running the scout team doesn't get you option reps?

Scout team is overrated anyways.

Scout teams give you looks, that's all. There is no 3rd-4th QB in any program in the US that is the equivalent of any starting QB for most teams we'll play.

Back