AJC Article - "School trumps practice"

Color me unhappy about this. Senior year and can't avoid a schedule conflict with practice...

Color me unhappy about this. Senior year and can't avoid a schedule conflict with practice...

I echo this.
Assuming the young man has taken 1-2 classes a summer to knock down his course load - he should be at the back end of his requirements.

The sentiment is cute but seems inexcusable that these guys could not be scheduled in such a way to not interfere with practice. Assuming there were alternatives which I’m sure there are. Probably typical Tech arrogance of no exceptions blah blah. Do loser öööö get loser results.

We do have required courses that are not offered every semester. Shafty.

Just gives his back up more reps for when next year.

A lot of players put off their more "difficult" lab science classes, in order to keep their GPA up and stay eligible. Labs tend to have few time slot options and are held later in the evening, if I recall.

So they are probably stuck with an unavoidable EAS lab, but at least they are still getting some reps toting rocks.

The sentiment is cute but seems inexcusable that these guys could not be scheduled in such a way to not interfere with practice. Assuming there were alternatives which I’m sure there are. Probably typical Tech arrogance of no exceptions blah blah. Do loser öööö get loser results.
I thought we varied our practice times to acclimate to the USF heat.

Embarrassing that we can’t schedule their classes around practice conflicts. We’re playing a different game than our opponents.

What is the big deal - kid's got his priorities right - backups get reps, message sent to team.

Factory kids just have to do factory work which is all most of them will ever do. Tech men expect more from themselves and have to squeeze more productivity out of the same amount of time.

We should support his effort.

Less practice time for the starting QB = less time to perfect the offense.

There’s a way to spin this as a positive but I’m not buying it.

GT should be smart enough to be able to schedule our football player’s classes around the normal practice times.

So go ahead...let’s keep shooting ourselves in the foot and beating our chests about it.

Less practice time for the starting QB = less time to perfect the offense.

There’s a way to spin this as a positive but I’m not buying it.

GT should be smart enough to be able to schedule our football player’s classes around the normal practice times.

So go ahead...let’s keep shooting ourselves in the foot and beating our chests about it.

The same Georgia Tech that holds classes during Thursday night home games?

Both teams have less time to prepare. GTs opponents are at a greater disadvantage defensively.

Back