AJC Breaks Chan Practice Report Rule #1

G

Guest1066

Did the AJC not get a copy of Chan's Practice Report Guidelines? From today's AJC:

Tailback P.J. Daniels (ankle), cornerback Jonathan Cox (knee) and linebacker Keyaron Fox (back) didn't take part in Wednesday's workout. None of the injuries are considered serious and all three should be back in action soon. Freshman offensive lineman Eddy Parker also sat out for an undisclosed reason.

If the injury is in the paper, is it still a secret? Do we pretend we didnt see it and hope byu does the same?
wink.gif

DJ: You can't muzzle everyone - reporters will get the info and do their jobs and we have to make believe it's not there???????

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
DJ: You can't muzzle everyone - reporters will get the info and do their jobs and we have to make believe it's not there???????
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ms Tech.. who is being muzzled? Reporters get their info from the coaches... otherwise they couldnt do their job... you lost me on this one.

I think what MTA was trying to say is we with our very unprofessional reporters here and on the Hive can't report anything but then the AUC et al get the facts from CCG or other sources.

I guess I just dont see the muzzling.. Gailey or other coaches can decide what they want to tell to the press... you can bet that Hollis didnt go down the list and account for every player.. he was told who was injured etc. by the coaches.. the coaches have asked that spectators not comment on those things on internet message boards, I understand why they have asked that of us.. and know it makes sense.. but I dont see where anyone is muzzled... the coaches are just asking us to work with them.. .

I posted a report from yesterdays practice.. but didnt feel muzzled in the least.. I understand where the coach is coming from..

Hence, the reason I dont undertand Ms. Tech's statement.. unless that understanding is lost on her behalf.. or was it just another dig at Gailey... Ms Tech?

By the way OldFoggy.. how are you doing?

Its simple people.

Think about it.

Reporters are ultimately responsible for what
they write and they put their names on their
articles.

Anonymous fonts on message boards can post any
crap they like with anonymity.

I can't believe you are even debating this.

MSTA, you are reinforcing alot of the complaints
people have been posting about you lately.

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
Its simple people.

Think about it.

articles.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Complaints - like I said, I at least choose to say how I feel outright - there are a heck of a lot more like me here that don't - this vast majority stuff is in everyone's mind only!

Now, as for the post I did here - it was in jest because ultimately anything that happens comes out someone where and this "muzzle mode" is a laugh!

The other thing I find funny about this posting of practice info and to clafify, I really don't care if practice stuff is posted at all - let me see what happens on gameday.

But, I find it more worrisome when someone wants to muzzle practice reports. If the team is strong and ranked it seems more practice info is leaked, said, written - so I find this interesting in the WHY.

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
Its simple people.

Think about it.

articles.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Cracker: The complaints are by those who disagree with my opinion - like I have said before the moderators have a right to throw me off and if they do, I WILL NOT BE SLIGHTED IN THE LEAST. But, I would suggest there are those who have the same opinion and I guess we'll all have to go.

This message board or any other did not make me a fan, nor would it stop me from being one. If I leave it will only muzzle another Chan detractor!

Back