AJC Keys for Tech vs. Wake

• Thread starter DisplacedJacket
  • Start date
I hate it when they put "avoid the big play" as a key to the game. Its sort of a "well no **** sherlock" thing to me, but whatever. Also, I don't think TOP will be a problem, what I'm more concerned about is pressuring Skinner. That boy is good, and if DM91 can't break the double team and get to him in a hurry than I'm not sure our secondary is strong enough not to be picked apart by this dude.

I thought it would make more sense to be...

1.) Fight
2.) Win

But that's just me. :rolleyes:

Sorry, thanks for fixing it. I just picked 'kicking ass' because that's what CPJ loves doing.

But Fight -> Win makes tons of sense too.

I hate it when they put "avoid the big play" as a key to the game. Its sort of a "well no **** sherlock" thing to me, but whatever. Also, I don't think TOP will be a problem, what I'm more concerned about is pressuring Skinner. That boy is good, and if DM91 can't break the double team and get to him in a hurry than I'm not sure our secondary is strong enough not to be picked apart by this dude.

I want to see some surprise blitzing like the Falcons were doing on Brees. They were obviously getting to him and the only reason why the saints one was because of Matt Ryan. That aside, some blitzing would come as a surprise to Wake. But knowing Wommack, it won't happen.

I'd say:

1. Avoid giving up multiple big plays.
2. Win the turnover battle.

That should be all we need. We will only lose if we play sloppy and stupid.

If I had to pick "Keys to Victory" it would be like so:

1 - Pressure the wake QB
2 - Win the turnover battle
3 - Execute the offense

EDIT - jacket67 beat me to it

Gotta win the turnover battle.

I'd say:

1. Avoid giving up multiple big plays.
2. Win the turnover battle.

That should be all we need. We will only lose if we play sloppy and stupid.

If we lose the TO battle then we are playing VERY sloppy. GT is +7 this year in the TO battle, and WF is -5.

I'll take those odds every day.

Win the 3rd down conversion rate and the turnover battle and we win the game.

Has "allow big plays" ever been anyone's Key to Victory?

I would like to see some more original points, so I will suggest a correction.

TIA's keys (for Wake Forest) to win the game:

1. Only use the left-hand half of the field. Even if your center has to snap sideways.
2. Run as many illegal formations as you possibly can (we won't see it coming, and the refs will get tired of it quickly) each successful play on an illegal formation will yield a TD.
3. Run as many obvious trick plays as possible (fake field goal on 2nd down from your own end zone would be nice. do that a couple times.) Our defense doesn't practice for that, so it'll be hella effective.
4. Give every offensive player a shot at being QB at least once, and let them call whatever play they want. This will further increase the element of surprise.
5. Don't F*ck It Up (DFIU). DFIU is probably the best way to win this game.

Back