AJC & Macon Telegraph

helluvaparamedic

Damn Good Rat
How many out there have seen the College Football preview sections in the Sunday (August 27) editions of the AJC & Macon Telegraph? They absolutely sucked.:puke:
I always look forward to the football preview sections that come out in the newspapers just before the season starts, and this year was no excepton. I was truly disappointed. There was a lack of depth in the reporting that was in those sections. Give me some real insight into the ACC and SEC and the teams in each division. Who are the contenders? Who are the pretenders? Why could they not have given a more in depth look at the teams that we face this year and how we match up? I have come to expect the kind of garbage that Jeff Schultze writes about Tech, so his capsule of our season really didn't surprise me. But they could do no better than this? I totally wasted my $ this year.:mad: Does anybody agree or disagree?

Yes, the AJC's suck! I didn't see the Macon Telegraph's.

I also received the Chattanooga Free-Press's guide to the season, a nice very magazine style pullout. I kept it to more thorougly read and left the AJC's in the dumpster.

Yea, I was pretty excited about Sunday's edition, since they were unveilling the college football preview and the AJC Elite 11. But, like you guys, I was pretty disappointed with the preview. I was expecting a page or so for each BCS conference but instead they fit every BCS conference on one page with little snippets about two or three teams.

Seems like they were just trying to cover their butts without doing any real journalism or insight...

helluvaparamedic said:
How many out there have seen the College Football preview sections in the Sunday (August 27) editions of the AJC & Macon Telegraph? They absolutely sucked.:puke:
I always look forward to the football preview sections that come out in the newspapers just before the season starts, and this year was no excepton. I was truly disappointed. There was a lack of depth in the reporting that was in those sections. Give me some real insight into the ACC and SEC and the teams in each division. Who are the contenders? Who are the pretenders? Why could they not have given a more in depth look at the teams that we face this year and how we match up? I have come to expect the kind of garbage that Jeff Schultze writes about Tech, so his capsule of our season really didn't surprise me. But they could do no better than this? I totally wasted my $ this year.:mad: Does anybody agree or disagree?

I don't bother with the previews anymore, it's all the same garbage anyway with Tech getting no respect at all. The only insightful previews out there are the ones on Collegefootballnews.com where they ranked Tech #23 and said they would go 9-3 this year.

Is that is good as we get hyped? I want some BIASED tech coverage!!!! Where are our writers putting us as the darkhorse for ACC champs.:bowdown:

76tornados said:
Is that is good as we get hyped? I want some BIASED tech coverage!!!! Where are our writers putting us as the darkhorse for ACC champs.:bowdown:

That's just like pulling for a clean restroom in a Krystal hamburger joint at 1am on a Saturday morning. It's not going to happen.

Back