Ajc

Now they have announced discontinuing circulation in the Athens area!?!? Let the riots begin! I hear both of their literate customers there are armed to the teeth (er make that...tooth).

Just got in from Ellijay yesterday and they discontinued service from Jasper north. They are now getting the Chattanooga paper

Re: Free Market Speaks!

The AJC has written it's own death warrant. They try to cram their liberal view down a largely moderate to conservative audiences throat. Guess what! The public speaks with it's pocket book.

Combine that with the shift in technology and the AJC's days are numbered. I hope Cynthia Tucker, Jay Bookman, Mike Lukovich and the Nad Licker sports writers have good emergency funds. They might actually have to go out and compete in the free market economy for a living. That will be mighty tough on most of them.

Go Jackets!
The direct lineage from Henry Grady to Ralph McGill to present day trying to use the media to re-engineer the region into something conceptualized as The New South. I suppose they were moderately successful, but one wonders if it was the influence of the AJC over the years or merely the demographics of the post cotton culture south? Either way, I won't be shedding any tears over the demise of the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation.

Back