Al Ciraldo and Kim King call the 1990 game @Virginia

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
This outta get you amped up for this season.

I just watched this (again) and noticed something I never noticed before. Remember the 1999 dwag game where we kicked the game-tying FG on third down? I always wondered how O'Leary just knew to do that.

All this time, I never realized that Sisson's game winning FG was on third down. For those who don't go back that far, O'Leary was our DC at the time. Guess he pulled out his notebook and... "Note to self: ...." :)

Man, I remember watching that live in Homepark with about 10 of us crowded into the living room. Right after the kick went thru, fireworks went off outside and we all ran out on cue while yelling and jumping around. Good times!

One of the best things I have seen on ACC network was a show about "#1 - 1990 ACC Football" or stte that had players from both teams, along with Boss Ross watching highlights together and talking smack to each other. Both teams had some great players, but we had the better kicker!

I just watched this (again) and noticed something I never noticed before. Remember the 1999 dwag game where we kicked the game-tying FG on third down? I always wondered how O'Leary just knew to do that.

All this time, I never realized that Sisson's game winning FG was on third down. For those who don't go back that far, O'Leary was our DC at the time. Guess he pulled out his notebook and... "Note to self: ...." :)

This is a gem! Thank you for the upload!

The last few years, I have noticed more and more of these old broadcasts appearing on YouTube. I've been collecting them for a while for a new hate week armory thread, and each year there are more obscure broadcasts available from both television and a surprising amount of radio.

What's surprising to me is that none of these athletic departments have taken it upon themselves to cash in on these materials. Presumably, somewhere, Tech has a vault of old broadcasts and obscure media which could be packaged and sold to autists like me, so why aren't they doing it?

edit: Wow, the rest of that channel is fantastic. This should have a lot more subscribers than it does.

The last few years, I have noticed more and more of these old broadcasts appearing on YouTube. I've been collecting them for a while for a new hate week armory thread, and each year there are more obscure broadcasts available from both television and a surprising amount of radio.

What's surprising to me is that none of these athletic departments have taken it upon themselves to cash in on these materials. Presumably, somewhere, Tech has a vault of old broadcasts and obscure media which could be packaged and sold to autists like me, so why aren't they doing it?

edit: Wow, the rest of that channel is fantastic. This should have a lot more subscribers than it does.
I've thought about this before as far as a streaming service that takes all available old broadcasts from all the schools and charge a few dollars
a month. It would be best to make it on demand rather than a schedule.

We burned down the traffic light at Bobby Dodd Way and Techwood Dr in celebration....after breaking into Grant Field and tearing down the goalposts in the dark :bowrofl::bowrofl:
What a time to be alive and an undergrad!
We had a part of that goalpost on the roof of the fraternity house. The next season, Ross came to speak to the house as a "marketing" thing, and he said he could see the goalpost on our roof from his office, and he loved it.

Yes, it was AEPi.

This magic was followed by (or preceded?) by us reaching the Final Four in the NCAA BBall tournament. It was the golden era of Modern Tech Sports.

You are my hero!! I was 7 at the time. I have vague memories of this radio call. So glad to re-live the entire call.

Please tell me you've got the Nebraska radio call stored somewhere.

We tried the game winner in OT on third down. It got blocked.
Goose recovered it.
Donnan stood there dumbfounded as we got to try it again.
On fourth down.
Commence bedlam.

"That's why they kicked it on third down."

This is a gem! Thank you for the upload!

You are my hero!! I was 7 at the time. I have vague memories of this radio call. So glad to re-live the entire call.

Please tell me you've got the Nebraska radio call stored somewhere.

I only linked to it - I'm not affiliated with the channel. I wish whoever runs that channel does someday post the Nebraska game with Al and Kim.

We haven't beaten those sons of bitches at Grant Field since that kick.
Goddamnit.

We tried the game winner in OT on third down. It got blocked.
Goose recovered it.
Donnan stood there dumbfounded as we got to try it again.
On fourth down.
Commence bedlam.

"That's why they kicked it on third down."

Glad you posted the kick. I was like wait a minute..3rd down field goal....that's not what happened...
It was spectacular...the mutts blocked the kick and were all jumping around celebrating while Goose (holder) quickly recovered the ball for the retry.

Back