Al Ciraldo and Kim King call the 1990 game @Virginia

This outta get you amped up for this season.

I just watched this (again) and noticed something I never noticed before. Remember the 1999 dwag game where we kicked the game-tying FG on third down? I always wondered how O'Leary just knew to do that.

All this time, I never realized that Sisson's game winning FG was on third down. For those who don't go back that far, O'Leary was our DC at the time. Guess he pulled out his notebook and... "Note to self: ...." :)

Thank you, 00Burdell, for posting this radio broadcast of Al and Kim. This brings back so many great memories! It is a lot of fun hearing Al and Kim's voices again. The UVA game of 1990 is still one of the greatest football games I have ever watched live. I was in the 8th grade at the time. When I went back to school that Monday even the Georgia Bullslob fans were praising Tech. So many people watched it and discussed what a great game it was. It was awesome to hear people say so many positive things about Tech. Unfortunately, that didn't happen very often (Unless it was basketball season due to the great Bobby Cremins). I grew up in Augusta and most of my classmates were Georgia fans.

I always liked when Al would tell the hometown of one of our players. When Al mentioned Jerry Gilchrist was from Augusta (during the UVA broadcast) I smiled with pride. I had forgotten Jerry was from Augusta.

Thanks, again, brother for sharing this gem!

GO JACKETS!

The last few years, I have noticed more and more of these old broadcasts appearing on YouTube. I've been collecting them for a while for a new hate week armory thread, and each year there are more obscure broadcasts available from both television and a surprising amount of radio.

What's surprising to me is that none of these athletic departments have taken it upon themselves to cash in on these materials. Presumably, somewhere, Tech has a vault of old broadcasts and obscure media which could be packaged and sold to autists like me, so why aren't they doing it?

edit: Wow, the rest of that channel is fantastic. This should have a lot more subscribers than it does.
I recorded it on my DVR and also recorded the radio broadcast with Al and Kim, so that I could overlay the radio broadcast on the telecast. I made a DVR of it. I wonder if anyone at Tech would be interested in having it. I have shared it with a few friends.

Just remembered there was a guy from the old Hive - before Scout completely destroyed it - he had a youTube channel back when everybody had a stick up their rectum so he got kicked off YouTube. He had everything going back to 1980-81. Tech's wins over Bama and Clemson, the Fog game - pretty much every game you can think of. I'll poke around and see if he's still breathing and encourage him to put his channel back together. His YouTube channel, I think, was GT Bob but his Hive handle was something else. Anybody know him?

Just remembered there was a guy from the old Hive - before Scout completely destroyed it - he had a youTube channel back when everybody had a stick up their rectum so he got kicked off YouTube. He had everything going back to 1980-81. Tech's wins over Bama and Clemson, the Fog game - pretty much every game you can think of. I'll poke around and see if he's still breathing and encourage him to put his channel back together. His YouTube channel, I think, was GT Bob but his Hive handle was something else. Anybody know him?
I remember that channel. Pretty sure you're right about GT Bob being his handle. I believe I traded emails with him a couple times about trying to digitize some of my tapes from about 1995-2005. I'll see if I can dig up some more info on him.

I remember that channel. Pretty sure you're right about GT Bob being his handle. I believe I traded emails with him a couple times about trying to digitize some of my tapes from about 1995-2005. I'll see if I can dig up some more info on him.
good luck, and you'll need it too, because this öööööööööööö doesn't want to be found

My wife and I were yelling and jumping around. Scared our Black Lab to death. He thought we were being attacked by invisible beings I guess.

Went to church with a woman that is a Texas Tech fan. She said that when TT football games were on at her house, her dog hid in the closet behind her shoes.

Thanks for sharing, one of the GREATEST games in the annals of Georgia Tech football!
It seems like its been ages since that happened!
THWG!!

We’re No. 1 features exclusive footage with members of the Yellow Jackets’ fourth national title team, including head coach Bobby Ross and key players Shawn Jones, Scott Sisson, Ken Swilling and current Tech assistant coach Marco Coleman.

i think you can stream the episode if you have the Espn app

Nice link. I was at the game so didn't pick up Al and Kim but did get to hear some delicious whining on the French broadcast : )

Here's the toot of the whistle. Alan Waters slooooowly forward...toe meets leather 'n a HIGH kick...

Thanks for sharing, one of the GREATEST games in the annals of Georgia Tech football!
It seems like its been ages since that happened!
THWG!!
Think about it and it has been … from 52 to 90 was 38 years and from 90 to now has been 34. From 28 to 52 was only 24 years so maybe we’re due. How about 2025????

Back