Al Pena we hardly knew ye (link)

Ramblin Buzz

Varsity Lurker
If you didn't make the T-Day game, then you missed your only chance to see Al Pena in White & Gold. He has left the team.

AJC LINK

What in the hades is going on? I'm a little more than sick and tired of this crap. It's time some one steps forward and tell the truth of all of this. I feel like going out and kicking the dog after this latest news but I love my dog so that won't happen.

It will get worse unless the curiculum changes. I have afeeling that its the new ncaa rules of showing progress toward a degree of which a few of boys are not buying into! Also the lack of academic (giving).

I truly believe the players character may be on the line. I don't hear any of them speaking out on what they are going to do about it.

this is getting sad.

We took this young man out of the state of TX and brought him to atl just to send him packing.

I want some accountability. What the HELL is going on?

I think we all realize that the only way to stop the avalance is to turn up the heat big time! We all need to write Clough, Kim King, etc. and let them know how frustrated we are with the way our program is heading. Braine nor Gailey are right for the TECH program!!! Until the both of them are out of the picture, the fans, alumni, and supporters will continue to have our faces smeared in mud. For me it's a disgrace to donate my hard earned money, and time, to a program that the leaders and supporters don't share the same passion about. How pathetic is it that as soon as trouble arises, Braine and especially Gailey are nowhere to be found!?!? What is Braine going to say in his next letter to the alumni? How about Gailey in his next newpaper interview? They both need to at least, if nothing else, accept responsibility for their mistakes and talk to the dang supporters and fans!!!!

Its not the players character. Its the Tech system!!! Its new. The ncaa new rules is adding up to disaster!!

techrod, if what you say is true, why aren't mass flunkouts going on all over? Why just at GT?

Bizzy, go back into the archives and read some of the postings by Tech students regarding what the course requirements for a degree at Tech are. Add to that the time and effort required of a football player. Vey few schools are as tough as Tech. Only the military academies IMHO.

I hope everyone will make an effort to speak with Braine, Gailey, and Clough... even if its nothing more than a letter..(no email, too easy to dismiss)

Its seems the football program is out of control.

The spinners will be working overtime today. One new slant they haven't had to count on this soon are Gailey's own signees quitting - even before Flunk-gate hit the streets they were blaming it on O'Leary. How much has to happen before someone does something and admit something is wrong?

Waspy, not today. SID office says no press conference is scheduled. THWG

I for one am mailing a letter(s) tomorrow to all parties! This whole scenario is like the 'death penalty' from the NCAA, unfornately the inner-workings are bringing it on themselves!

All these things are fixable but you have to get involved and work to make the right. It seems to me many involved AD, Coach, AA are just getting a check and not working at making those things happen!

In the real world, when you do that you usually are evaluated and by evaluation you're either warned and/or after some time - you don't have a job! $900k a year to do nothing is UNACCEPTABLE!!
Believe me, if I had the where-with-all financially, I'd volunteer my HR services to at least try to make things right.
pat.gif

Rammsting, the mother of a cadet at Air Force Academy called in to either 680 or 790 last week, and she described how "hands-on" the academic tutors are.

Rammsting, sorry I did not finish.

This a.m. Coleman Rudolph said that our guys were allowed to run wild under CG. That is what I mean.

Back