All AJC writers, except Bisher, are just hammering Ga Tech

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Bradley takes shots quite often, Hollis makes it a ha-ha joke talking about Tech to the opponents Flagship station & now Steve Hummer jumps in with both feet. Hummer made this article as derogatory as could possibly be made just because Coach Gailey has decided on Ball @ QB.
I mean, nothing calls for this derisive ride on Coach G's back. Ga starts rFr Greene & it's a stroke of genius, which it was, & Chan starts Fr Ball in a game & he's made to appear to be an oaf. Totally uncalled for.
Gailey has little choice but to start Ball. True, Coach dug his own hole in this by not recruiting a QB the yr before & not improving Suggs/Bilbo, but couldn't Hummer wait to see how Ball does in the 1st game before writing this article????

Folks, there's no other way to put this: The AJC does not like Gailey &, by employment, Ga Tech. The AJC writers can't even see how a decision turns out before jumping all over Coach G with ridicule. I sincerely hope Reggie Ball puts 14 rotten eggs on Hummer's face Thurs nite.

Hummer stabs Gailey in the back, several times

First, you cannot blame Gailey for not recruiting a quarterback his first year. He was just trying to hang onto what O'Leary recruited. That is just the way it is.

I was okay with Hollis' radio interview. Hummer takes some digs at Gailey that I do not appreciate. To this point, I ain't a big Gailey fan but it is obvious that Ball is the way to go at QB. What is even more annoying is that Hummer takes digs and does not even have the guts to commit to a position. Should Gailey have chosen Ball at QB? Essentially: "No comment but it was idiotic if it fails and what else could he do if it works."

What'd you expect from the dawg-based AUC?
pat.gif
pat.gif
pat.gif

The AUC has their nose in Uga's butt. The Macon paper is a much better alternative.

When Gailey took over the team, there were 5 QB's on scholarship. Since there were only like 19 open scholarships that he could even utilize in his first year, I don't personally think it would have been smart to recruit another one.

It's this way with the AUC are just eating the dawgs crap. Forget about em and read the Macon Tele. on line.

Please, for the love of God, quit commenting on the AJC. You people that openly complain about them deserve every bit of frustration you get. Hell, you're practically ASKING for it every time you comment on it!

What's the surprise? Part of the territory of being a Tech fan is growing up with the Atlanta media which is negative and biased.

But if these incoherent, nitpicking articles are getting under your skin it may be a long season for you.

Should we lose Thurs. night as most are predicting there will be blood in the water for Bradley, Hollis, etc.

Remedy? Go fishing and don't read or listen.

2 BIG reasons to detest the Ajc...The OBVIOUS bias in favor of everything Bulldog and their same obvious Liberal left wing Cynthia Tucker bias on political issues.. Double edge sword..
All GT fans should NEVER buy their paper and thus support them..Just read it online if you wish..Never support them...

gailey has stiffed the media since he got here.. The journalist types need access & quotes to do their jobs... gailey gives them neither... You reap what you sow..

The ajc isn't the only rag criticizing gailey, they all are... Watch the Food Channel if you can't handle it.. it could get ugly this year..

Simple solution for gailey... WIN ! & if you don't win then don't run & hide like you did after the eweGAg & Fresno games...

Amen BW! Why do people continue to read that rag, the AUC. There are too many sources of information available to ever read that biased bunch of leghumpers.

Take a deep breath, guys. Hummer's article is not insulting at all. He says that Gailey is decisive and determined, and that Ball is a Freshman. Well?

He says it like a journalist, so what? He isn't writing for the E.E.Review.

Well there he goes again We can always depend on BEEBAD he is going to blame Gailey for EVERYTHING i mean EVERYTHING...Keep it up your just a real GT fan and do us all proud...

Funny thing is that UGAy has as many freshmen starting in their two deep as Tech does. More importantly their OL is very young so Tech may very well end up with a better record than UGAy at the end of the season.

Say what you want but playing on either line is the second hardest position to play. Corner would be first imo, but line is not that far behind. Sure you don't get as much pressure put on you by the media as the skill positions but if you lack experience or just plain suck... it shows.

Time is at hand - and the 'on field' product is about to be seen and judged! It really doesn't matter what I think or what's in the paper anymore. The writers have opinions (all of them everywhere).

The fans (all of them everywhere) have opinions and we are now going to see what has developed over the last 9 months. I remember I started a thread Feb. 19, 2003 and the thread asked "Had a true Freshmen Ever Started At GT".

I had an idea back then that it would happen based on what I was hearing and understanding about the QB situation. I said then, that if indeed that was the case, the Freshmen coming in should be preparing themselves now (Feb) for that scenario before they arrived on campus.

Looks like I was right. To Reggie and the rest of the team - I WISH THEM WELL AND HOPE FOR A MUCH NEEDED VICTORY!

WHO gives a d@#n what these fenoit b#$$ l#$^&*(g leg humpers think? When the miracle happens we are going to have soooo much fun shoving it down their throat. In the mean time a pray I get the opportunity to cross their path. Just for the fun of it you know.

BeeBad I'm afraid you are very mistaken with your thoughts if it was just CCG ok but not all Tech coaches have stiffed the AUC. I can't remember a positive comment about Tech since BDodd. So don't give me the BULL that it's Gailey. They hated O'Liar, BL (so did I for that matter) Fulcher, Pepper, etc. So to HELL with the AUC and UGa.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
I can't remember a positive comment about Tech since BDodd. So don't give me the BULL that it's Gailey. They hated O'Liar, BL (so did I for that matter) Fulcher, Pepper, etc. So to HELL with the AUC and UGa.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I guess you don't remember that article that Mark Bradley wrote about O'Leary prior to the 2001 season. Tech had high expectations and Bradley sent them through the roof with his comments about how "Georgia's expecations last season were based on what they thought they could do. Tech's are based on what they know they can do."

Its amazing to me that y'all are so adament about the AUC being biased against Tech. Its not that they're biased, its simply that they are a negative paper. They would rather report negative news and stories than ANYTHING positive. That goes for both UGA and GT. Georgia usually gets more coverage, yes, but sometimes that's not necessarily good. When things look good, it appears the "AUC is sniffing Uga's butt." But when UGA loses even one game, they're off the bandwagon and bashing every bit of Georgia they can get their hands on. It works both ways. They're bandwagon fans and right now, Georgia has the bandwagon. During the 2000 season and before the 2001 season, Tech had it.

Originally posted by NightFighterDawg:
Its amazing to me that y'all are so adament about the AUC being biased against Tech. Its not that they're biased, its simply that they are a negative paper. They would rather report negative news and stories than ANYTHING positive. That goes for both UGA and GT. Georgia usually gets more coverage, yes, but sometimes that's not necessarily good. When things look good, it appears the "AUC is sniffing Uga's butt." But when UGA loses even one game, they're off the bandwagon and bashing every bit of Georgia they can get their hands on. It works both ways. They're bandwagon fans and right now, Georgia has the bandwagon. During the 2000 season and before the 2001 season, Tech had it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You know, I hate to admit it, but I'm with the Dawg on this one. Of course as a Tech fan, I think that the AUC is full of leg-humper lovers, but probably that's not completely accurate. They don't write about UGA because they love UGA, they write about it because they are a bigger program (bigger, not better) and it sells papers to the average AUC reader. What's disgusting is that Adams vs. Dooley gets a bigger headline than declaring war on Iraq or bombings in Israel. Now that's sad... I don't care that it's UGA and not Tech, I care that's it's important news vs. football.

When we both win, their headline will always be bigger and they wil always get more praise, but when we both lose, they probably take more heat, too.

As fat as Hummer's article, here's the part that makes me laugh: "Plus, the coach is hoping Ball may be too callow to know exactly what is coming his way. You know, just ignore the horn and the fast-approaching headlights, and run the play." Because Reggie is begging not to play and quivering like a 5-year old girl, but Gailey is *forcing* Ball to start. Yeah right.

Ball may not know what he's getting into, he's admitted that there will probbaly be jitters at BYU (perfectly natural reaction), but I guarantee he's thrilled to be thrown "into the shark tank at Sea World".

In an effort to shield Ball from those who might clutter his mind with doubts and implications, Gailey ordered his new starting quarterback off limits to the media until game time. And what exactly is wrong with this?!?! Reggie is not paid a million bucks a year to do PR and to answer to the media. He is here to do 2 things: get an education (i.e. graduate) and play excellent QB, thereby representing GT well. That's it, as far as I'm concerned.

When we were the best team in the state year in and yr out, the AUC eventually had to give us our due...either that or shut down the sports department. But they did not seem real happy about it. Even when Hamilton was here, the story line usually was about how bad the defense performed verses how good the offense performed.

I agree with DAWGS comment that they are shark-like, when there is the least bit of blood in the water, to both schools.
rant.gif

Back