All AJC writers, except Bisher, are just hammering Ga Tech

You two are totally wrong...there is NO journalism school at GT and there is a big one at UGAG..
Look at all the media types in the Atlanta area and they A.Either graduated from Ugag or B.Another SEC school....

Heck, take Channel 2 Bill Hartmans Dad coached at Ugag and Chuck Dowdle Plasyed BB at Ugag..
Mark Bradley at the Ajc went to Kentucky and Blowhart went to Ugag...

Again GT fans dont need to support The ajc dont give em a penny..Read it on the web...That paper has had financial trouble the last couple of years, so dont help them with your money..

Congrats MsTA,
You called it.I personally thought it was possible to have a FR QB but not until the 4-5 game when everything had gone to ____ on OFFense and there was no downside.
btw-flash-Here is the key to Offense few have any knowledge of-Dixon at FB.With their blitzes ,if he doesn't pick up the right guy,we are dead even if the line does ok.CG also said he expects Dixon to get EVERY snap.That doesn't bode well for the 4th qt.What happened to Matthews,who some thought could change easily from a DE to a instant FB. Right.

NightFighterdawg, thanks for the input but let me ask you this. If the auc is not truly biased against GT why would they allow the son of a former sports editor to accept a ship to ugag, while at the same time not allowing the son a another sports editor (when the papers had a morning & evening edition) to accept a ship to GT? What would dawgies have said it an auc writer had made comments about the ugag team plane hopefully crashing, like was done about GT? We know do we not? Frankly I hope they keep it up.

I don't see where he stabbed Gailey in the back. He said that Gailey makes some strange decisions which I don't think any of us can disagree with. He also says that it is a risky decision that could make him look like a genius or really backfire. Again, I don't think that's anything that we haven't said on here many times.

Apparantly some of us want to see:

'Gailey is a genius with the Ball decision, he is going to be the next Vick.'

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
You two are totally wrong...there is NO journalism school at GT and there is a big one at UGAG..
Look at all the media types in the Atlanta area and they A.Either graduated from Ugag or B.Another SEC school....

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BW, I dont want to waist the time researching UGA junk, but there has been some scathing articles regarding performance/coaches for them when the ship was not avoiding the rocks...This is NOT to say that I think that AJC is fair. During opinion time, the red balloon
mad.gif
always gets pumped up 2x the Gold balloon
wink.gif
whether warrented or not...

Originally posted by NightFighterDawg:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by oldfoggy:
I can't remember a positive comment about Tech since BDodd. So don't give me the BULL that it's Gailey. They hated O'Liar, BL (so did I for that matter) Fulcher, Pepper, etc. So to HELL with the AUC and UGa.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I guess you don't remember that article that Mark Bradley wrote about O'Leary prior to the 2001 season. Tech had high expectations and Bradley sent them through the roof with his comments about how "Georgia's expecations last season were based on what they thought they could do. Tech's are based on what they know they can do."

Its amazing to me that y'all are so adament about the AUC being biased against Tech. Its not that they're biased, its simply that they are a negative paper. They would rather report negative news and stories than ANYTHING positive. That goes for both UGA and GT. Georgia usually gets more coverage, yes, but sometimes that's not necessarily good. When things look good, it appears the "AUC is sniffing Uga's butt." But when UGA loses even one game, they're off the bandwagon and bashing every bit of Georgia they can get their hands on. It works both ways. They're bandwagon fans and right now, Georgia has the bandwagon. During the 2000 season and before the 2001 season, Tech had it.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree with the dawg on this one. Most folks enjoy reading the smaller papers because they tend to be:
a. factual reporting of practice, injuries, etc..
b. cheerleader/fluff type profiles of players.

You typically don't get the negative, editorial type stuff in these papers. I think there is some overall crappy writers at the AJC, but not because they are biased. I also think Tech gets most of the b-ball coverage, even when uga is better and the opposite happens in football. The ajc hated harrick and loves Hewitt. He took some moderate critisism last year but they are chomping at the bits for him to succeed.

Also, I can't believe anyone would critisize Dowdle. That GT Preview was the biggest fluff piece that I have ever seen. I thought he was going to hug Gailey at the end. If you watched that and didn't read/listen to anything else, you would think we are poised for a NC run. Don't get me wrong though, I thouroughly enjoyed it.

Well, thats just a piss poor article by Hummer. He doesn't say anydamn thing at all. He obviously is a creative journalistic presence. (Steve, that's called sarcasm). Lets just laugh at him and move on...
laugh.gif

Goldmember...
I will say this Chuck Dowdle did do a good Program with Chan last Friday Night and he did seem to truly like Gailey..Maybe its because they are fellow natve Georgians..Outside of Beau Bock maybe getting his feelings hurt because Chan doesnt suck up to him i cant imagine Chan offending anyone..

Back