All Asst Coaches Released... Dave Braine has me worried !!!!

jacketguy

Damn Good Rat
I am afraid this guy is ruining our football program... the more I watch, hear, etc... I am losing confidence in Mr. Braine....

I think that's a formality and they will all be interviewed by CG to decide who he wants to retain. I don't think it's anything to worry about. Some of them will remain and some will be sent packing...just the way it goes when you bring in a coach from outside.
smile.gif

JacketGuy, I am not sure I understand your concerns. The only thing he has done is to select a new coach, and Gailey's credentials look pretty good. Of course, we have to wait a year or two to determine his effectiveness.

It would be the same regardless of who was the coach, we would still have to wait a year or two to deternine any coach's effectiveness.

All of the assistant coach's contracts expired after the bowl game as is the usual policy. They are then rehired by the coach for another year. Each assistant has a one year contract.

Gailey will talk with each one to determine which assistants wish to stay with the program and which ones wish to leave. Also, he may not want to retain all of them. It will be his call as to the number of coaches retained. He is presently interviewing each one of the assistants.

I imagine he will make a quick decision on the ones that will remain. I don't see how Braine has anything to do with this end of the process. He hires the Head Coach, and the Head Coach hires the assistants.

Am I missing something?

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

this is just standard procedure. That being said Gailey is the one who has to take the HIT, so he needs to hire who he wants.

I expect Billy and Kelley and probably Mac to get offers. Roof will probably get an offer at linebacker coach.

I dont know if any take it b/c Mac may want something more. Billy may not get to OC position b/c CG may not have one (he has said in the media that he would probably call his own plays). But this role for Billy could be similar to what he had when Fridge was here. And Kelley looks like will be the Def Coord. at Vande.

Okay, since we are merely guessing, I might as well give my two cents worth.

I believe Braine has already filled Gailey in on the strengths and weaknesses of each assistant. He also knows which assistants are most and least respected by the players. Since I don't know all the assistants, I will give an opinion on each I have seen on the boards.

I doubt Mac will be retained. It is ironic, because the players zealous efforts to retain Mac, may cost him his job. It could cause friction between the players and the new coach if Mac is retained. The players would have a tendency to go to Mac instead of the new coach regarding problems. This never works.

O'Brien might be retained as he is considered a future Head Coach and has learned a great deal under Friegden. Law-bee may be right, he could be named the offensive coordinator and relay information to Gailey from the press box where he would be viewing the defensive formations. It would be another good learning experience for O'Brien under Gailey.

Roof might be retained if he is willing to take the linebacker coaching position or something similar. I don't think he will be retained as the defensive coordinator.

I feel Gailey will ask Kelly to stay, but not at a coordinators position, so he probably goes to Vanderbilt.

I really have not read much regarding the remaining assistants, so I have no opinion on them.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Since Mac has proven himself to be so very worthy, DB should give him big raise, and if CG does not want, give him high office in admin. or make up a position. He has proven to be a true GT man and should not go unrewarded!!!!!!!!!!!
bigthumbup.gif
bigthumbup.gif
bigthumbup.gif
bigthumbup.gif
bigthumbup.gif
bigthumbup.gif

Bizzy.. I agree completely.... if not handled correctly, this could be a big embarrassment for Tech... and with the absence of a buyout in Gailey's contract, if no loyalty is shown by Tech ... then I would have to wonder how that would affect Gailey in the future (from his perspective)

Back