All you people that think we could have hired a ...

law_bee

Dodd-Like
better coach. Do you think Florida could have hired a better coach?

Do you think we have the resources that UF has? CG may turn out to be a bust but until you get someone in here you aint gonna know.

You people need to wake up. Because when Florida went looking they came back with lousy product too.

Florida's problem was that they were asking someone to follow a Legend.. I bet there will be many takers when Zook gets canned.

Law-Bee,

Lord knows we have hired our share of mistakes. The problem lies not in our ability to afford a top 10 coach, it's sorting out the contenders from the pretenders. Certainly, the same holds true for Florida, even more so.

People on the selection committee must have a talent for this (not just deep pockets and bad knees). If they don't, well you know the rest.

I think I have learned a few things this past year, and I don't think I am alone. First, success in football anywhere but Div I-A is a very poor predictor of success for Div I-A. Also, it's a young man’s game. Yes, I know there are many successful Div I-A coaches 50 and older; Shug Jordan, Bear Bryant, Bobbie Bowden, Papa Joe, Lou Holts, and the best (IMO) Bobbie Dodd.

The difference is, they didn't start out to learn college Div I-A coaching after 50. All started young and their success later in life was the culmination of a life’s work.

A good search committee, armed with the right compensation package can find us a top 10 coach that will be here long term. As much as I hate to say it like MR.

Georgia goes into the ACC and plucks out a winner. If they are smart, they won't let him get away.

LB we really don't care about Florida but if you said ND, OK, UGAG the answer would easily be yes.

Back