Alright Mr. Stansbury, you're on the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbee

Flats Noob
Guess I am not one of the "most loyal fans" as I did not receive this. Either way, he still did not address the mask issue which is my big issue. Not going to sit through another game being constantly warned to put my mask on.....

Skydog

Eat a Peach
Guess I am not one of the "most loyal fans" as I did not receive this. Either way, he still did not address the mask issue which is my big issue. Not going to sit through another game being constantly warned to put my mask on.....
1620221399311.png

goldmember

Damn Good Rat
yeah, serious question, why be secretive/exclusive about it? if that's what they are rolling with then they should have an announcement pinned to the top of ramblinwreck.com
I still don't trust that GT won't go back on this if public health guidance changes which could be based on logic like Let's be cautious in the Fall so cases don't rise again.

Also, he didn't mention anything about mask and other covid restrictions.

goldmember

Damn Good Rat
I think he did address it indirectly, as it stands now you will be required to wear a mask in accordance with current CDC guidelines - based on what 'Science' I don't know.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
I still don't trust that GT won't go back on this if public health guidance changes which could be based on logic like Let's be cautious in the Fall so cases don't rise again.

Also, he didn't mention anything about mask and other covid restrictions.
exactly. and after i nearly got tossed out of church this weekend for walking in to the building with a coffee mug, not much in the mood for more stupid protocols. if you are curious .. if you have a coffee mug that means, gasp, you might pull your mask down to take a drink. which i guess would lead to a super spreader event.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
exactly. and after i nearly got tossed out of church this weekend for walking in to the building with a coffee mug, not much in the mood for more stupid protocols. if you are curious .. if you have a coffee mug that means, gasp, you might pull your mask down to take a drink. which i guess would lead to a super spreader event.
Wow, reading this ööööing coffee story in three threads didn’t seem like enough. Thanks for repeating it here.

JRjr

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
yeah, serious question, why be secretive/exclusive about it? if that's what they are rolling with then they should have an announcement pinned to the top of ramblinwreck.com
It’s a matter of who it matters to at the moment, I guess. It doesn’t impact the decision of those of us who already renewed. I assume they haven’t opened up sales to non-season ticket holders yet. So they’re trying to get the straggling season ticket holders to renew - those are the main people impacted by this info for the next week.

Presumably they’ll make it more public eventually. But there’s always going to be a possibility that they walk it back later, like if things go off the rails India-style somehow.

JRjr

Skydog

Eat a Peach
It’s a matter of who it matters to at the moment, I guess. It doesn’t impact the decision of those of us who already renewed. I assume they haven’t opened up sales to non-season ticket holders yet. So they’re trying to get the straggling season ticket holders to renew - those are the main people impacted by this info for the next week.

Presumably they’ll make it more public eventually. But there’s always going to be a possibility that they walk it back later, like if things go off the rails India-style somehow.

JRjr
yep the walk back can always happen, Xmen super mutant strain, what have you .. we will see how it plays out. i do think you will be watching multiple college football games this year.. one game will be full stands .. one game a few fans and cardboard cut outs. going to be stark differences from region to region.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
yep the walk back can always happen, Xmen super mutant strain, what have you .. we will see how it plays out. i do think you will be watching multiple college football games this year.. one game will be full stands .. one game a few fans and cardboard cut outs. going to be stark differences from region to region.
Sort of like it was last year, where it ranged from no fans to 25% or whatever. If we move from that to a range from 25 to 100%, that’s progress.

Its going to be interesting to watch the interplay of vax percentage and CFB fanaticism - the south seems low in the former and high in the latter.

JRjr

Skydog

Eat a Peach
Sort of like it was last year, where it ranged from no fans to 25% or whatever. If we move from that to a range from 25 to 100%, that’s progress.

Its going to be interesting to watch the interplay of vax percentage and CFB fanaticism - the south seems low in the former and high in the latter.

JRjr
yep .. i think we will see at least one college require vax proof for games .. maybe IVY league or something . could be more. I watch a lot of F1. They actually had some fans at races last year. so far this year, zero at all three races.

i kind of content to be a sports fan from my home for the time being .. let everything continue to calm down. there being or not being fans at the game or race doesn't really interfere with TV enjoyment. though i'd love to see more fans.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
How do they walk back the capacity after the tickets are sold?
i thought about that .. they could do it by temporary forcing you to relocate so they could spread the season tix holders out again like last year. pure hypothetical.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
i thought about that .. they could do it by temporary forcing you to relocate so they could spread the season tix holders out again like last year. pure hypothetical.
How do you do that when we start selling out every game?

Skydog

Eat a Peach
How do you do that when we start selling out every game?
ha .. well if you want to play the hypothetical out .. lets say the cut it to 25% capacity. they'd probably go in AT order spreading out season tix holders till they hit 25%. everyone else issued refunds and sent home.

it sounds ludicrous but hey it's 2020-21. i think someone else mentioned that you can read between the lines and tell they (GTAA) are going to follow CDC guidelines until the end. if there is an end.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
ha .. well if you want to play the hypothetical out .. lets say the cut it to 25% capacity. they'd probably go in AT order spreading out season tix holders till they hit 25%. everyone else issued refunds and sent home.

it sounds ludicrous but hey it's 2020-21. i think someone else mentioned that you can read between the lines and tell they (GTAA) are going to follow CDC guidelines until the end. if there is an end.
Yeah, the "follow CDC guidelines" is the devil. The CDC is idiotic. The current CDC guidelines are beyond ridiculous. Putting that wording in there was an awful decision, because it ties him to the CDC short bus.

CDC will set guidelines always on a worst case scenario, and GT football fans are never going to be a worst case scenario. We are not a bunch of mouth breathers that need a bunch of third tier PhD bureaucrats making basic decisions for us. Save that öööö for the inbreds to the east.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
i kind of content to be a sports fan from my home for the time being .. let everything continue to calm down. there being or not being fans at the game or race doesn't really interfere with TV enjoyment. though i'd love to see more fans.
I enjoyed the experience last year for the most part. Got to try out a new seat (but I like my lower east seat better than the upper east seat I had last year), enjoyed having room to spread out and be comfortable. The environment was chill and low stress (which is about what our on-field performance warranted).

Downsides were my glasses fogging up due to the mask (but I sorta figured that out) and too many visiting fans (our people selling their tickets can die in a fire). And I miss having an electric environment in a full stadium, but that wasn’t going to happen last year, with or without Covid restrictions.

It was an interesting experiment but hopefully things will trend back toward normal this season.

JRjr

Skydog

Eat a Peach
I enjoyed the experience last year for the most part. Got to try out a new seat (but I like my lower east seat better than the upper east seat I had last year), enjoyed having room to spread out and be comfortable. The environment was chill and low stress (which is about what our on-field performance warranted).

Downsides were my glasses fogging up due to the mask (but I sorta figured that out) and too many visiting fans (our people selling their tickets can die in a fire). And I miss having an electric environment in a full stadium, but that wasn’t going to happen last year, with or without Covid restrictions.

It was an interesting experiment but hopefully things will trend back toward normal this season.

JRjr
i bought in last year as well. it wasn't terrible. i wore my mask etc. the cancellations and postponements annoyed me most.

Status
Not open for further replies.