Amazing... Simply Amazing...

**DONOTDELETE**

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
For those of you who haven't seen Jeff Schultz' interview with Braine.. (excerpt of interview follows) Amazing about this is that I've read posts from those who said they sent him an email & all they got was a canned response.. i.e, a form letter... What if that email came from an influential alumni?.. What is this yo-yo doing crying in his beer?.. he's got the opportunity there to answer people straight up who took the time to write him, and he's too lazy to do it.. Amazing... Btw, when Braine talks he reminds me of Truman Capote... anyone else agree?

"Sure -- more than that," Braine said Tuesday. "There are people who want me fired, and they've gone to the president and asked to have me fired."

Who?

"Staunch supporters of this institution."

Financial supporters?

"Yes. They've said they want me to leave."

The hiring of coach Chan Gailey, the decline of the football program, the 11 academic casualties (10 football, one tennis) -- Braine has caught most of the heat for the unraveling. Now, I'm not saying my e-mail qualifies as a scientific sampling, but it's worth noting the "dump Braine" e-mails outnumber the "dump Gailey."

"I'm not surprised," Braine said, "because I hired Chan. That [criticism is] part of our job."

Dave has done some good things for Tech but the guy doesn't seem to get it as far as how the masses feel about their school. Remember when he floated that suggestion about playing UGA in the Dome? Thought so. This guy is a PR disaster that needs to go. We lose over one half of a good recruiting season with one chop and instead of Braine assuring us that this was an abberation and fessing up his blunders he gave us this kabuki
dance that we are all so familiar with. I would be willing to contribute extra to get his contract bought up. I am sure there are many others as well.

he has made some obvious blunders and he should be feeling the heat.

that's a good thing

belly.. have made note of braine being blunt.. and will tuck his credit, pink slip, severance pay & plane ticket into his carry-on bag...

Big Buck.. kabuki dance..LOL

Being a 'half full' FOC type I like to give our Techmites extra credit but DB is about one more misstep away from being in deep doo doo, IMO.

And I concur with the Capote reference.
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by BeeBad:
For those of you who haven't seen Jeff Schultz' interview with Braine.. (excerpt of interview follows) Amazing about this is that I've read posts from those who said they sent him an email & all they got was a canned response.. i.e, a form letter... What if that email came from an influential alumni?.. What is this yo-yo doing crying in his beer?.. he's got the opportunity there to answer people straight up who took the time to write him, and he's too lazy to do it.. Amazing... Btw, when Braine talks he reminds me of Truman Capote... anyone else agree?

"Sure -- more than that," Braine said Tuesday. "There are people who want me fired, and they've gone to the president and asked to have me fired."

Who?

"Staunch supporters of this institution."

Financial supporters?

"Yes. They've said they want me to leave."

The hiring of coach Chan Gailey, the decline of the football program, the 11 academic casualties (10 football, one tennis) -- Braine has caught most of the heat for the unraveling. Now, I'm not saying my e-mail qualifies as a scientific sampling, but it's worth noting the "dump Braine" e-mails outnumber the "dump Gailey."

"I'm not surprised," Braine said, "because I hired Chan. That [criticism is] part of our job."
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is a very much "under the gun" situation for him to have mentioned this to Shultz - who does not give many props to Tech in his writings. The "I hired Chan" comment is interesting because that tells me they were already after him about that before the academics fallout!

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. He seems to me to be a in 'lame duck' situation that might not be reversible. Under those circumstances how much can he accomplish without that support?

Good points, MsTA... Thing about people like Braine, tho... they live to breathe another day by knowing how to work the system, play the game & the politics... These guys live for the power & ego trip...he won't go down without a fight... Look at Dooley...

Gnats.. glad I'm not the only one here old enough to remember Truman Capote..

I want to congratulate the unidentified persons who went in and wanted him fired. You are right BeeBad, it amazes me how this guy doesn't quite get it.

The 10 he lost, and hopefully there won't be more, has seriously blown a hole in our depth for 03. Gailey has been put into a dire situation by his boss.

He botched the O'Leary to Gailey transition and continues to make other blunders. Good he's feeling the heat.

Good points, MsTA... Thing about people like Braine, tho... they live to breathe another day by knowing how to work the system, play the game & the politics... These guys live for the power & ego trip...he won't go down without a fight... Look at Dooley...

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB: Dooley has longevity on his side - Braine has what? This is going to play out in some shape or form and those contributors are not going to let this ride into oblivion! You can't make errors like this and not be on the boat ready to sink!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB: I remember Capote and you're right - now every time I hear him - that's what I'll think of!
shocked.gif

Speaking of daBraine and his results in supporting the top revenue sport.He directly is accountable for the academic disaster on the fball team by changing the personnel and instituting a foolish new system of SA "help".
This was also done at the worst possible time .The NCAA has changed DRAMATICALLY the academic approach by lowering the SAT relative to GPA requirement and increasing the "progress to degree" requirement.So just when we needed more oversight on our SAs ,Braine cuts back.
I doubt CG survives this nor will Braine probably.Ultimately it will be GT fan who suffers most.

Originally posted by AlaGold:
Speaking of daBraine and his results in supporting the top revenue sport.He directly is accountable for the academic disaster on the fball team by changing the personnel and instituting a foolish new system of SA "help".
This was also done at the worst possible time .The NCAA has changed DRAMATICALLY the academic approach by lowering the SAT relative to GPA requirement and increasing the "progress to degree" requirement.So just when we needed more oversight on our SAs ,Braine cuts back.
I doubt CG survives this nor will Braine probably.Ultimately it will be GT fan who suffers most.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Agree - you have the job and make the change knowing the academic environment is about to get tougher? Good post.

Amen Father...

MsTA.. Dooley has longevity but Braine has been around the block at VT & here.. I wouldn't understimate him... Altho at GT money talks, at eweGAg all it does is bark...
laugh.gif

AlaGold.. great post

Originally posted by Big Buck:
Dave has done some good things for Tech but the guy doesn't seem to get it as far as how the masses feel about their school. Remember when he floated that suggestion about playing UGA in the Dome? Thought so. This guy is a PR disaster that needs to go. We lose over one half of a good recruiting season with one chop and instead of Braine assuring us that this was an abberation and fessing up his blunders he gave us this kabuki
dance that we are all so familiar with. I would be willing to contribute extra to get his contract bought up. I am sure there are many others as well.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Buck: I'd throw in a few $$$ as well - from what I've heard those big contributors put forth a substantial amount.

Back