An addition to the resume....

beeware

Jolly Good Fellow
In his very first year as head coach at the flats, Coach Gailey coached Tech to the worst loss in the history of the TECH/ugag series that began in 1893.

Has there ever been a more pathetic effort. This team was uncoached and unprepared.

I spoke out last December, about what a truly terrible hire that Coach Gailey was/is.

The bad news is I have to admit I was wrong. Coach Gailey is much, much, MUCH worse that even I anticipated.

I strongly suggest that if TECH does accept a bid to the Seattle Bowl, that the coaches are given one way tickets.

I have welcomed your posts ever since the hire because I have never, ever been excited about CG. However, I was hoping that I was wrong and was willing to give him benefit of doubt. Ever since 2nd half of UConn when he put lid on O, I began doubting his killer instinct and just his feeling of college ball. Then, when he put lid on Duke (so he says), I have been frustrated. That is so counterproductive to effort by kids. There are just too many failings to mention, WF, CU, FSU.

My friend, you have been right all along but your desires for Mac & Co. may not be right. We will never know. But certainly there was a better choice than this.

Originally posted by beeware:
In his very first year as head coach at the flats, Coach Gailey coached Tech to the worst loss in the history of the TECH/ugag series that began in 1893.

Has there ever been a more pathetic effort. This team was uncoached and unprepared.

I spoke out last December, about what a truly terrible hire that Coach Gailey was/is.

The bad news is I have to admit I was wrong. Coach Gailey is much, much, MUCH worse that even I anticipated.

I strongly suggest that if TECH does accept a bid to the Seattle Bowl, that the coaches are given one way tickets.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanks for your opinion there Beeware... In my opinion... you can shove it up your a$$

You , your brother in law O'Leary and all the rest of your Dawg family can go to hell.... in my opinion.

Giving credit where credit is due, I believe Beeware called this one right; the hiring of Gailey.

Unfortunately, your one string banjo has gotten more than monotonous to objective listeners; much like stock market forecasters who cry crash day after day until one finally happens then it's I told you so.

Beeware, your support for Gailey's dismissal is the strongest argument I've heard yet for a second term..

Do everyone a favor and lay low. So rational, objective supporters can reach their own conclusions and let the Dr. Clough and Dave Braine know how they feel.

Well.. if Beeware is right.. then the proper thing for us to have done last year would have been to FIRE GOL and his staff... let's see...

Loss to Clemson in a game we should have won
Loss to MD in a game we should have won
Loss to VA in a game we should have won..
Loss to FSU in a game we should have won
Loss to GA in a game in which we played uninspired football and were whipped on the line
Finish the regular season 7-5

Swap VA for WF this year and the we have a repeat...

All of this WITHOUT Godsey, Burns, and Campbell...

If Beeware is right about this coach... then the same applies to last years staff as well

Thanks for your opinion there Beeware... In my opinion... you can shove it up your a$$
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well isn't that a real dignified response. What is the company line now ah wait till next year or our wide receiver can out pass your wide receiver or Tony Hollings is going to do what JAM and Davis couldn't? Funny how when peo0ple lose on the facts they always start calling names.

Fellow GT lovers:

What a pathetic display of coaching. All of you FOC's your defense rings hollow. Results are the measure of success and Clemson, Wake, F$U,& UGAg are truly coaching failures in terms of preparation and all other measures we fan's use to measure the success of a Coach.

Before the thing truly reverts to B***L**** lets get rid of CCG and some of his cohorts namely (un)special teams coach, oline coach, OC, DC and Secondary (one in same)Receivers.

I still bleed gold and white and have since 1948 so don't any of you question my support for GT. Just open your minds to the facts and I beelieve these speak for themselves. 51-7 is the final fact. Fini

soapbox.gif
hitit.gif

Originally posted by DaveTech:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif"> Thanks for your opinion there Beeware... In my opinion... you can shove it up your a$$
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well isn't that a real dignified response. What is the company line now ah wait till next year or our wide receiver can out pass your wide receiver or Tony Hollings is going to do what JAM and Davis couldn't? Funny how when peo0ple lose on the facts they always start calling names.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well .. here are the facts Dave Tech... tell me where I am wrong...

2001 season

Loss to Clemson in a game we should have won
Loss to MD in a game we should have won
Loss to VA in a game we should have won..
Loss to FSU in a game we should have won
Loss to GA in a game in which we played uninspired football and were whipped on the line
Finish the regular season 7-5

Swap VA for WF this year and the we have a repeat...

All of this WITHOUT Godsey, Burns, and Campbell...

If Beeware is right about this coach... then the same applies to last years staff as well

I will add this though, I do owe Beeware an apology.. blame it on my being married to an ex-Georgia cheerleader and Tech getting whipped yesterday ... I was out of line to make the above statements... my apologies...

Jacketguy, I will not argue that last year's staff did not do its job. I think last year the coaches were distracted alot earlier than we will know by the Notre Dame job and their game prep showed in the last half of the season. However, this year's staff has no excuse. We went .500 in a woeful conference and to not have your team prepared (Gailey's words) for your arch rival to me is a firing offense. A coach's job is to prepare his team. If he can't, than he needs to find a new line of work. If Gailey is not seething this morning and ripping some new arse holes of the players who have "character issues", Braine needs to start collecting scalps.

Beeware is right. Here is why. It was time for O'leary to go. He had worn thin, had a porous defense and was not the man to tutor on offense with Fridge gone. That being said, McWhorter would have been a good hire. He would have maintained some discipline and provided a bridge of transition to a new regime. He would have known the personalities of the players enough to motivate them. Yes, he played for Georgia but had more than proven his allegience. After all, Curry went to Tech but bolted for Alabama. Roof went to Tech but bolted for Duke. I'd rather beat Georgia than worry about where the guy is from who does it. Gailey is from outside the rivalry and you see how much it meant to his team.

McWhorter, an outstanding recruiter, would have this program on the upswing. Had we lost the game it wouldnt be in the fashion we displayed Saturday.

Back