An unlikely hypothetical: CPJ from HC to OC?

Would you be OK with CPJ moving from HC to just OC?

• Yes, if someone like Monken for HC who is familiar to the system

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, if someone like Monken for HC who is familiar to the system & wholesale assistant changes

• Yes, if (insert Tech alumni like Godsey or Whisenhunt or McIntyre) is HC

• Total voters
+1. Just look at the playmakers in those highlights. We have nothing like that right now. I get the anger directed to CPJ but if we get talent he's delivered.
It is his job to get that talent. Stubborn smug ass can't do it though. He wants to prove his system will win no matter who runs it.

It is his job to get that talent. Stubborn smug ass can't do it though. He wants to prove his system will win no matter who runs it.
Completely false that he wants to prove his system regardless of who runs it. We aren't passing over more talented players due to CPJ's stubbornness. We only land so many special players and when we lose them to marijuana or academics we aren't loaded enough for a good plan b.

It is his job to get talent.

His stubborn smug ass has somethod to do with it.

He does not like recruiting and therefore his stubborn smug ass acts like the system works with anyone.

So, IF we aren’t 3-3 going in to play Duke and IF the AD cuts our losses at that point: who would be the interim HC?

Probably Sewak since he is the only one with HC experience with this offense
3e9.jpg

Probably Sewak since he is the only one with HC experience with this offense
Now we know why CPJ keeps him around. It was like the GWB era. "We'd like to impeach Bush, but we REALLY don't want Cheney."

You basically can't fire CPJ mid-season. It would be suicide to switch offenses mid-season and if you're running this offense, CPJ is the best guy to do it.

Now we know why CPJ keeps him around. It was like the GWB era. "We'd like to impeach Bush, but we REALLY don't want Cheney."

You basically can't fire CPJ mid-season. It would be suicide to switch offenses mid-season and if you're running this offense, CPJ is the best guy to do it.
I’d venture to say it’s impossible to switch offenses mid season. I’m pretty sure that switching out of this offense is a 2-3 year project at least. We are at the very early stages of our dumpster fire unfortunately.

Serious question....does Navy recruit? Or do they just take what they're given?

I remember the days when people said "just wait till CPJ gets HIS recruits!" We well did...and it got so much worse.

Back