Analysts/fans comments on USC's play call...

hiveredtech

Dodd-Like
Analysts/fans comments on USC\'s play call...

for the last play of the game is funny.

I agree it was gutsy...and it turned out to be brilliant. Matter of fact, I would like to think I would do the same thing.

HOWEVER...if Reggie Bush did not push Matt Leinart across the goal line and they lost by 3 pts. as the clock ran out (there were no time outs left)... when a FG could have tied it and gone to OT it may have been a different story.

If that had happened I am sure the genious analysts would have said with equal confidence 'in that situation you have to take the points and prepare your team to win in overtime'.

Re: Analysts/fans comments on USC\'s play call...

I think born winners will always beelieve in themselves and find a way to win
ND was moving the ball almost at will so it makes this a better call
But really no need to discuss it here. I dont think we will ever be in that situation any time soon

I wouldn't have gone for it, it is too risky. I remember Colorado State went for it at the end of the game against Colorado last year (I think) using a sweep play from the 3 yard line instead of kicking the field goal to tie it and failled. Needless to say the fans let the coach have it for the rest of the week if not the season.

I say play for the win...that is the kind of Coach I want, one who will risk his career for the W...One who will throw it from the 2 yard line with 32 seconds left against a lesser team. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif Oh Well, sometimes wishes do come true...I just wish my wishes to win the lottery would, rather than that one

I can't help but have a gut feeling that going for it was a "done deal" anyway. The coach signaled for them to intentionally down the ball. I just think that the coach's signal was a ploy for the team to go for it. If it wasn't, it should have been.
Nevertheless, ND did about everything right there and still didn't get the win. Very odd game.

Back