And here is HD's famous pick.....

drinkclearwiskey

Jolly Good Fellow
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/7365/acc-championship-game-prediction

The ACC took one on the chin last week, and so did I. It was my worst week of picks. Ever. With a 2-6 record, now I know how Ralph Friedgen feels. Ugh. Florida State and Virginia Tech were the only teams I got right last week. That dropped my season percentage to 65.9 percent. I’ve got one conference pick left, and we all know it’s a coin toss. Here goes:

Clemson 28, Georgia Tech 24: First, about the score. Eleven of the past 14 games in this series have been decided by five points or less, so expect that trend to continue. This game features the ACC’s top two scoring offenses, two of the top three rushing offenses, three of the top five rushers in the ACC, and three of the top five touchdown scorers. That means this game will be about defense, and that’s where Clemson wins. Georgia Tech’s best counter is defensive end Derrick Morgan, but the Tigers go deeper on defense and have been more consistent. The last time these teams met, Clemson forced seven straight three-and-outs. That’s an impressive feat against the country’s leader in time of possession. The best matchup in this game will be on the sidelines between Paul Johnson and Clemson defensive coordinator Kevin Steele.
Her reasoning is too biased against GT. Didn't Clemson defense just get ran over by and even more anemic than UGA offense against USCe?

Well at least she's being consistent with her pick. She predicted Clemson to go to the OB weeks ago. Nothing new here. I hope she's wrong tho.

I don't know why we continue to be offended by this pick. She says it's a coin toss and that it would be an upset. The line agrees with the idea that the game would be close.

Clemson's defense IS better than ours and HAS been more consistent over the season. Yes, our offense has gotten better since we played but it won't matter if of the DL beats the OL consistently.

I think she is wrong on offense rather than defense. She lumps us together as roughly equal on offense and I hope that is not true.

Oh, I am not offended. She said weeks and weeks ago that this would be her pick. Mostly I was just questioning her reasoning a little. I know GT's defense is weak at best, but you can't totally disregard Clemson's defense either. Or the fact that GT did win the first time around.

But I agree, going with GT with our defense is scary, but I don't think it'll come down to that again, I think it'll likely come from Clemson's offense being able to keep up with our offense.

I think Georgia Tech is going to take some serious frustration out on Clem&son on Saturday night. I wouldn't be surprised to see us win the game ala Miami in 2008 at BDS.

I think Clemson is more motivated, and we've lost 7 starters since we played them last. I'd pick them too.

Our O is a little better than it was earlier in the year, but our D is a lot worse, and their O is a lot better. I don't see us stopping them from scoring, and I doubt we can keep up. Where Heather misses the boat is the over/under. Clemson is absolutely going to score 30+, and hopefully we will to.

Hopefully it's the ESPN pundit kiss of death a la Lou Holtz.

"This game features the ACC’s top two scoring offenses, two of the top three rushing offenses, three of the top five rushers in the ACC, and three of the top five touchdown scorers. That means this game will be about defense..."

Then why not point out the defensive strengths. To me, she just proved that this game will be about offense. Which ever defense can muster the most stops or hold to more field goals will win.

If you're tuning in to watch the defenses, then you're not going to enjoy this one.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/7365/acc-championship-game-prediction

The ACC took one on the chin last week, and so did I. It was my worst week of picks. Ever. With a 2-6 record, now I know how Ralph Friedgen feels. Ugh. Florida State and Virginia Tech were the only teams I got right last week. That dropped my season percentage to 65.9 percent. I’ve got one conference pick left, and we all know it’s a coin toss. Here goes:

Clemson 28, Georgia Tech 24: First, about the score. Eleven of the past 14 games in this series have been decided by five points or less, so expect that trend to continue. This game features the ACC’s top two scoring offenses, two of the top three rushing offenses, three of the top five rushers in the ACC, and three of the top five touchdown scorers. That means this game will be about defense, and that’s where Clemson wins. Georgia Tech’s best counter is defensive end Derrick Morgan, but the Tigers go deeper on defense and have been more consistent. The last time these teams met, Clemson forced seven straight three-and-outs. That’s an impressive feat against the country’s leader in time of possession. The best matchup in this game will be on the sidelines between Paul Johnson and Clemson defensive coordinator Kevin Steele.
Her reasoning is too biased against GT. Didn't Clemson defense just get ran over by and even more anemic than UGA offense against USCe?

PJ himself...and a couple of the players...have maintained that Clemson is the best defense we will have faced all year.

I honestly think that Clemson will win this game. It's hard for me to admit, but after reading what hivered posted in the other thread about how many people are injured and didn't practice this week, I don't feel confident at all about a win. Our defense and special teams will have to step up BIG TIME this game for us to win.

^ Doesn't have his **** mind rite.

HD is a complete idiot. How do you only get 65% of your picks right? Over half of the games played by ACC teams are obvious calls, and if you get 50% of the other ones right, you have a 75% average for your picks.

I think HD should stick to writing about baking, cleaning and sucking dick, and focus less on football. Jesus.

Basically, we win when our offense dominates enough to keep our defense off the field. Not many defenses can contain our option for 4 quarters, so we have won most of our games. Clemson has the talent to force some punts on us which gives them a solid chance of winning. But in a close game, I'd take CPJ and our triple option late in the season to wear them out. Let's hope our D can contribute enough to get a win. I feel pretty good about it right now.

So Heather took it on the chin huh? I would never have figured her for that type of girl.

Honestly, why do some of you care so much about who she picks?

I don't get this. Clemson got bitch-slapped by Carolina last week. So, are we saying that a team that got beat by a 7-5 SEC team is going to win the ACCCG?

Clemson has all of the athletes needed to hand it to us. We have all of the athletes to hand it to them - a lot of ours are injured right now though. This is going to be a close game, and I, for one, am nervous as all get out. To think that after today we could be sitting at 10-3 and gettting shafted down to a crap bowl has my stomach sick. That said, a win and we're ranked at least 9 and headed to the Orange Bowl with plenty of time to get our guys better. We need to control the clock on the offense and keep this game in quick-strike distance.

Basically, we win when our offense dominates enough to keep our defense off the field. Not many defenses can contain our option for 4 quarters, so we have won most of our games. Clemson has the talent to force some punts on us which gives them a solid chance of winning. But in a close game, I'd take CPJ and our triple option late in the season to wear them out. Let's hope our D can contribute enough to get a win. I feel pretty good about it right now.

Assuming it is, in fact, a close game.

Back